Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Wanted Breed of Poultry

+20
SerJay
BriarwoodPoultry
pops coops
coopslave
mirycreek
ipf
CynthiaM
toybarons
Susan
dj
Blue Hill Farm
Bowker Acres
k.r.l
clucky
Cathyjk
turkeylurkey
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
Rosie C
JaerhonChanteclerEuskies
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

I decided I would post this and have people say what their most wanted breed of poulrty was. By doing this the people who have this breed would be able to sell birds or eggs if the other person would like.

2Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Rosie C

I love white cochins! Would love to find some

3Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looking for:

Houdans
Crevecouers
Large fowl White Cornish

4Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am seeking show quality SLW, my daughter wants show quality silkies.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

turkeylurkey

Did you know that Euskal Oiloas simply translates as "Basque Hen"

Here's a quote from "Feathersite.com"

The Basque Hen is a Spanish dual purpose chicken with a single comb, red ear-lobes and yellow feet. Five varieties are known.....

Beltza Basques
Gorria Basque
Lepasoila Basques
Marraduna Basque
Zilarra Basques

Which variety do you have?

http://www.guppy.ca

6Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:13 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

I have Marraduna Euskal Oiloa. If you are interested in them I can send you a great site that is like this one but is only about Euskal Oiloa's.

7Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:24 pm

turkeylurkey

I know about it. Thanks. One of the links on Backyard Chickens Canada
(the home page).

8Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Chocolate wyandottes or orpingtons - that's what I want.

I have large fowl white cornish--I believe that is what I get asked for the most.

I did have Welsummers and Barnevelders and they were pretty popular too.

Last edited by Cathyjk on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Poultry Most wanted List Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:12 pm

clucky

New Here

Cream Legbars

Chocolate Orpingtons

10Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:37 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good quality Speckled Sussex and Chanteclers in Buff and Partridge

11Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 pm

turkeylurkey

Lavender Chanteclers

12Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am a Cornish Bantam girl. Good quality, not necessarily "show" quality, just nice a beefy.....not fussy on colour either.

13Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:08 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

My most wanted list:

SQ Blue/black Ameraucanas
SQ Plymouth Barred Rocks

Leghorn POL pullets (by next spring)
Bearded Splash Silkies (by next spring)

SQ = Standard quality, but will accept good quality too. Smile

14Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:32 am

dj

I'd love show quality Black or Red Silkies, and Euskal Oiloas , healthy and happy Smile

15Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:25 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

dj wrote:I'd love show quality Black or Red Silkies, and Euskal Oiloas , healthy and happy Smile
. Dj, I will be starting to separate my EOs in February for next year's breeding season. I like to get an early start. As for what I want- I have everything I could desire at the moment - and more! Well maybe some Hungarian Yellows at some point.... Smile

16Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:21 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Houdans
Tolbunt Polish, also known as the Harlaquin.

17Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I saw a picture of Mirycreek's of a Russian Spangled Orloff, now that was one cooooool lookin' bird and she said the personality were like the Buckeye. I like that. Think that would be on my wish list. Have a wonderful and beautiful day, CynthiaM.

18Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm guessing that people are listing their "most highly coveted" birds - ones that may be the hardest to get. These are not necessarily the breeds in highest demand or that will sell best. I've sold 400 pullets over the last two years, and the highest demand has clearly been for Ameraucanas. Other popular breeds: Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Marans, Polish, Leghorns.

19Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:I saw a picture of Mirycreek's of a Russian Spangled Orloff, now that was one cooooool lookin' bird and she said the personality were like the Buckeye. I like that. Think that would be on my wish list. Have a wonderful and beautiful day, CynthiaM.

1 nice rooster.....can travel...to a show near you....the Canadian National in November...ha ha!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

20Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:50 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

The orloff intrigue me as well. They do come in a few different colours but I think only the speckled (or spangled or whatever they are called) are common here.

I think I am happy with what I have now, I try not to think about it to much cause then I want more and that is not good! Laughing

21Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are actually my son's he was impressed with their description in the breed book which classified them as "exceedingly hardy"!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

22Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:I saw a picture of Mirycreek's of a Russian Spangled Orloff, now that was one cooooool lookin' bird and she said the personality were like the Buckeye. I like that. Think that would be on my wish list. Have a wonderful and beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Hey Cynthia I could add some pullets to that handsome boy for you as well!!

These orloff's are my daughter's birds and she just loves them, she says they are silkies in different clothing, LOL. Very sweet birds, and very striking appearance.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

23Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:45 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I could not hatch out enough marans this year between them and BLRW I think I sold close to 800 and could have sold that much more.

http://www.popscoops.com

24Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:44 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would love to have Jubilee Orpingtons.

That being said, I am smitten with my blue orps, blue laced red wyandottes, and the eggs of the marans! Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

25Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Empty Re: Most Wanted Breed of Poultry Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:01 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I agree with IPF those breeds would give lots of variety in a coop and they're breeds most often seen locally or being looked for (we prefer the partridge rocks though LOL) I think the marans and polish would be hardest to find up here. Off topic but my son hatched some chicks that were a cuckoo marans roo over Americauna hens and although they all hatched from green eggs they look like cuckoos except one has a beard! We also really like the fluffy fancy lady look and temperament of the Cochins. Amazingly of the newest addition the oh so funny looking Turkens are seeming the most calm and friendly still hard to look at them though!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum