Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Premier 1 fencing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Premier 1 fencing Empty Premier 1 fencing Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:56 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jayme I know you said you ordered some for your chickens, could you let me know what you think about it when you get it set up.
I have Their catalog and was thinking about getting their fencing for my sheep.

What kind of fencing does everyone use for their sheep? We have lots of coyotes, foxes and skunks in my area so I need to keep this in mind. I really don't want to get another dog as I already have 9... Yes I said nine, that's not a typo. Lol. 8 (which is not only enough but too many) are inside dogs and my pyr/border collie lives outside. ... Oh geez I am rambling now, sry. Right now my fencing is just the 3 strand barbwire. I am thinking the squares but not sure if I should go with page wire or the electric mesh.

Thanks

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remembered the wire is called page wire)

2Premier 1 fencing Empty Re: Premier 1 fencing Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 pm

msmall

msmall

We have page wire in the pasture with a electric strand running the top and bottom of the fence and it seems to have stopped the digging under this year.

3Premier 1 fencing Empty electric fencing Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:22 pm

clucky

New Here

We've used Premier 1 sheep supplies for years. Temporary Flexinet as well as high-tensile page wire with electrified stand off wires and top wires. Couldn't farm sheep or pasture chickens with out it (and the guardian dogs). Canadian Co-Operative WoolGrowers are Canadian agents for any Premier products [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They're nice people to deal with as well and they will ship your order anywhere. Oh yes, Premier has "how to" videos for using the Flexinet. Most helpful if you're a flexinet virgin Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]