Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do people seem a bit cranky, or is it just me?

+10
fuzzylittlefriend
Fowler
toybarons
CynthiaM
Country Thyme Farm
loushrop
rosewood
heda gobbler
Prairie Chick
coopslave
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

What do you think? I think I notice a bit of a shortness and crankiness on the forums that hasn't been on them for a while. Just me or are you noticing it too?

I know the rain here is driving us crazy, it would be nice to have a little bit more of a gradual ride into the heat of summer, but I know it is going to hit us here.....WHAM!

Deep breath everyone, all is good. We don't have to play nice, cause that is just no fun, but let's play with a little respect shall we. Very Happy

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I haven't noticed on the forum but DH has been, if that counts..LOL

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick wrote:I haven't noticed on the forum but DH has been, if that counts..LOL

I think that ALWAYS counts! Laughing

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

DH here is snappy because it is grey but not raining. He is a hay farmer so should be irrigating but the forecast keeps saying rain....days of grey skies - no rain.

So you see there is no pleasing everyone.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've been cranky the last couple days as I try to make a 9 hour time adjustment resulting of our trip to Holland. I'm very tied in the evening, but awake too early. We had a warm welcome here as an undetermined person turned our water bed up to the highest temperature setting. We're spenting a lot of time on our knees here as the wet weather has made a good crop of weeds in the garden. The sun is shining this morning so I'll try to put on a sunny smile and go from there.

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Very Happy cheers Well I had a wonderful ray of sunshine yesterday. Prairie Chick stopped in for a visit and made my day!! She brought some bread for my birds as well. It was great. Lou

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

And almost all my Beltsville turkey eggs from Grandma Art hatched so I am WALKING ON AIR!!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My wife says I'm a grumpy old man, and I'm not even 30! I'm pretty sure I'm always cranky Very Happy

But yes, also I've been cranky lately. Coyotes just decimated almost an entire group of young birds I paid good money for and raised for two months, can't seem to get my seeding done no matter what I do, and I swear the storm clouds move in every time I pack the truck for market! I think sometimes as farmers we just feel like the world is out to get us!

http://countrythyme.ca

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

My dearest Coopslave, I think this topic was CynthiaM generated, I set that tone yesterday, smiling. I have had the most hideous couple of days, dealing with northern mite issues (beware fellow friends, something is in the air). I will be making a post, maybe tomorrow about it, but it has knocked me flat with the amount of work that I have done over the past day. It is funny, looking back at yesterday, but boy oh boy. Watch out. If you think you don't have them, you should probably think again. Check those butts of some of the birds, especially the broody gals, sitting in nest boxes. The perfect place for brooding mites and babies too Shocked !!! Seriously. Get out there and check the rear end areas for tiny little dots that are walking around, all over that area. Tales to tell, but I am still just in get going mode. I slept until 7:00 today, which is totally unheard of from this gal that loves the early pre-dawn hours, smiling again.

So, smiling, did I set that tone yesterday that caused you, Coopslave, to get people to fess up about why they are grumpy?

The night before last the farmer cut the alfalfa field to the east. I think he knew some sun was coming, and yes, yesterday sun, and today sun is full shinin' too. Gonna be a good, todays gonna be a good day. Off in a few minutes to let out some very happy and clean chickens, having a rest in a home that narry a mite could survive in, smiling that big smile.....ectiban 25 is my friend. Have that beautiful day, chins up to everyone and theirs that is feeling a little dumpy. Summer will soon be here, the workload will change, and maybe some time for a little r and r, if that ever happens to anyone during the summer, some can, some can't. CynthiaM.

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Country Thyme Farm wrote:My wife says I'm a grumpy old man, and I'm not even 30! I'm pretty sure I'm always cranky Very Happy

But yes, also I've been cranky lately. Coyotes just decimated almost an entire group of young birds I paid good money for and raised for two months, can't seem to get my seeding done no matter what I do, and I swear the storm clouds move in every time I pack the truck for market! I think sometimes as farmers we just feel like the world is out to get us!

Well I know your avatar looks cranky *lol*
That tom has SUCH a STINK EYE!

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Northern Fowl Mites are a very good reason to get cranky over!

There does seem to be something in the air with NFM this season. Seems a lot of people besides myself are having to deal with the buggers. They do get you down.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's good everyone, just get it out!!! Purge those grumpy thoughts and be clear and clean for the beautiful weather coming! (don't you just hate people that seem TOO happy and positive Laughing )

CynthiaM, it was not just you that inspired this thread. The other forum I frequent has a bunch of grumpies on it to. Just seems like more than normal and people that are not usually, are.

I am actually less grumpy than usual and I don't know what is up with that. I am always better with sunshine.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:What do you think? I think I notice a bit of a shortness and crankiness on the forums that hasn't been on them for a while. Just me or are you noticing it too?

I know the rain here is driving us crazy, it would be nice to have a little bit more of a gradual ride into the heat of summer, but I know it is going to hit us here.....WHAM!

Deep breath everyone, all is good. We don't have to play nice, cause that is just no fun, but let's play with a little respect shall we. Very Happy

HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME!!!!!

Just kidding. I've tried to keep it off of forums but I was certainly grumpy last week with work stuff. Ever deal with someone who knows nothing about what you do but suddenly decides they should try and supervise you? Um, excuse me but don't you have your own work to do?

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I thought it was just the other forum as well but then things got a little ugly over here too!

I have noticed in general people seem grumpy. Everyone has an opinion and entitled to share it but seem to get very angry if they are not taken as the end all be all opinion.

I am talking this is happening in all aspects of life just not the forums. People seem very angry these days with life in general. Maybe its the weather? Maybe it's the financial crisis who knows?

But the sun is shinning and my kids are done school! I am sitting on my deck drinking coffee, surfing the net and watching my birds play! (oh and kids too Embarassed

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just a couple of months ago I was complaining of it being too cold and icy.
Now I am going to complain it is TOO HOT!...
Oh and we need more rain for the crops. <
And I will add that I absolutely hate mud.

It is end of year, reportcard time, everything happening at once. I find that by the end of the school year I am tired of explaining the simplest things over and over, of helping the selectively helpless, of trying to use ``positive behaviour modification and modeling`` on someone who really needs a smack to the head.

Oh look... here come my gr 6 kids.... my little hyper active ready for summer sugar buzzed darlings... angels, each and ever one!
Evil or Very Mad

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am grumpy cause I have been sick off & on since February. Had a full physical, nothing wrong! Spent hours in hospital on Sunday and found that maybe it may be food posioning or maybe a virus, who can say cause my tests were all okay. Only 1 person missed me not being at the sale. Yes, I am needy. I grew up with a complex of low acceptance of having a parent who told me I did everything wrong and people wouldn't like me. I was hoping more people would have noticed I wasn't there. Then I got grumpier when I heard that a few old farts were complaining about dyed silkies being bad for their image as breeders, along with hatchery birds being allowed to be sold at the sale.

Venting feels good but I am getting no work done What a Face

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

toybarons wrote:I am grumpy cause I have been sick off & on since February. Had a full physical, nothing wrong! Spent hours in hospital on Sunday and found that maybe it may be food posioning or maybe a virus, who can say cause my tests were all okay. Only 1 person missed me not being at the sale. Yes, I am needy. I grew up with a complex of low acceptance of having a parent who told me I did everything wrong and people wouldn't like me. I was hoping more people would have noticed I wasn't there. Then I got grumpier when I heard that a few old farts were complaining about dyed silkies being bad for their image as breeders, along with hatchery birds being allowed to be sold at the sale.

Venting feels good but I am getting no work done What a Face

I was actually hoping to meet you at the sale, if that helps any...if missing an opportunity counts as missing?

and yes, that Tom sure does look cranky, it's one of the best pictures anyone has ever taken of one of our birds.

http://countrythyme.ca

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Am I the only happy one here, then? The weather is lovely, the basement is not flooding, there is a week of school left, I have 4 dog shows to attend this summer and my Schipperke is still #1 in Canada. The birds are enjoying the lovely weather and now I shall go out to cut the grass. When theat is done I shall sit back, sip Sangria and enjoy the patterns the mower has made on the grass.

My students are spending the day here tomorrow andwe will have a lovely picnic.

ToyBarons, I missed you at the show too, but was too busy to do anything about it. Soon we shall sit together and sip that sangria,and enjoy beautiful birds together.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

CTF... I think it is the look of Turkey dissaproval

Schip... you have been testing the hooch for the chick-nic again, havent you?

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:CTF... I think it is the look of Turkey dissaproval

Schip... you have been testing the hooch for the chick-nic again, havent you?

Quality testing is the hallmark of a good host.

I know I am just being needy. Maybe I should take up drinking again. At least then I wouldn't remember why I need to be needy.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

toybarons wrote:Only 1 person missed me not being at the sale.

HEY!!!!
I missed you too! And other people were asking for you!!!!

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm happy here Schipperke but not sharing it on the forum cause I'm too overworked since the snow melted........going, going, going. And because I haven't been on much, I haven't noticed the grumpiness.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

There was grumpiness? And I missed it? Crap!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum