Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cutest old people

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cutest old people Empty Cutest old people Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Cutest old people Empty Re: Cutest old people Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have an old people story.

A while ago I posted about our neighbours. She is 86, he is 90, they live alone up here on the mountain with no help. He does the driving (Gordon save us all!) she does the shopping.

In the last few weeks he had a hip replacement. I have been on shopping duty with The Missus, since he is not allowed to drive for several weeks.

We drive trucks, they are tall, and I think she was a pretty short person in her youth and is even shorter now. SO I have to set up a little step stool outside my truck door every time she gets in or out. I open the door, place the stool, with a sweeping gesture and bow say, "Madam..." She gets a laugh out of this.

Hubby at 90 does the driving, but pretty much sticks to known routines and known traffic patterns. They have their routine places they go, but nothing out of the ordinary, so she doesn't get to many stores that aren't on his practiced path. But with me! Well! The sky is the limit. We've been booting around like a couple of irresponsible teenagers in their mother's car.

She's so cute, and subtle. She'll see a store and say, "Have you ever been in that store?"
"Yes. Would you like to go in that store?"
"Yes." she smiles like it was my idea when we both know it wasn't. In we go where she looks, and I mean LOOKS at everything. Me, I can be in and out of a store in 3 minutes and know if it has what I want or not. I hate shopping. But she LOVES to poke around, so I let her and wander along holding onto stuff for her. When we get home loaded down with groceries, Mr. Hip meets us at the door, "I thought you left the bloody country!" he says. "Yeah, we thought about running away, but here we are. With food."

They are bucking the trend to be that age and still in their own home, clearing their own driveway, mowing their own lawn, doing their own home maintenance. I hope to be doing half that well at that age! Once the hip surgery is completely recovered my next task is to get him onto the internet. He has a lap top which he uses as a glorified typewriter. She says he's been 'practicing' the computer so he'll know how to do the internet. Uh...okay...we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. First step is to try and get internet service up here. Good luck with that!

I think they are cute and quite amazing in their own way.

3Cutest old people Empty Re: Cutest old people Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got a real kick out of an older lady I saw in Wal-Mart parking lot one day. She drove up in a tall truck, I wondered how she was going to manage. No problem, she put out a small woodenstep stool, on a rope. Got out on it and then put it back in the truck, did her shopping and opened the truck door, out came the stool with it's rope. She got in on it then pulled it up and away she went.
No slowing that Gal down. cheers

4Cutest old people Empty Re: Cutest old people Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:32 pm

My father In Law is just getting close to Eighty and he still plays hockey ,and last year our son got roller blades and guess what ...........he bought a pair and taught himself so that he and our son now play street hockey ....I admire elderly people so much ,just wish my parents had been given that chance to grow older as well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum