Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Haha, locked IN the coop!!

+2
ipf
chickadee
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Haha, locked IN the coop!! Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 pm

chickadee

chickadee

I went out to check on the chickens tonight and I GOT LOCKED IN THE COOP!!!! Help I thought for sure I'd have to spend the night in the straw! Shocked
I actually thought my hubby locked me in as a joke and was waiting to see how long I'd wait!! Nope, no hubby. In fact he was in bed, the kids too!
I tried to jiggle/kick the door open but it's pretty beefy!

It's a darn good thing there is a chicken wire window in there that I could yell through otherwise I would have had one long, long night Rolling Eyes
I yelled and yelled and finally got their attention. Hubby says he thought it was the goats! lol

Might have to watch the handle a little better next time or come up with some better system cause there isn't anything like being stuck in a little coop!
lol!

2Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My husband locked me in the coop not once, but twice, years ago. I told him I'd take a third time as a request for divorce. Hasn't happened since.

3Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yesterday must have been the day for that!! Lol. I also got locked in the coop. The worst part for me was babe was sleeping in her swing in the house, and my 2 year old was sitting in the gator just outside. He could not even help me as my latch locks at the very top of the door. He could have brought me my cell phone as it was in the gator also. I was lucky enough to have a screwdriver in my coop (don't ask me why it was there). I was able to take my door off

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

4Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:44 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was locked in one of our coops yesterday as well! Laughing The wind blew the door shut and the bolt that is set vertically dropped down into the hole. Luckily the pop hole was big enough for me to wiggle my way through with a bunch of hens staring inches from my face wondering what I was up to and if I had any bits of food they could peck at. Too funny all of you who were in the same boat yesterday. My husband had just left for 10 days for Vermont and it was a weird feeling of possibly not being heard by anyone.

But all is well and glad everyone else is too.

5Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:28 am

chickadee

chickadee

ipf- ROFL He must have taken you seriously!!

I'm sure glad you ladies, Smoky river and Chicory Farm got out!! Chicory you must be one skinny lady? I don't have a pop door so I wouldn't even have been able to try!

Smoky River..it is a miracle that you had a screw driver in the coop!

Perhaps we should invent the most awesome chicken coop door system!! One that doesn't lock us in!!

6Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

After reading this I am scared to go out
to the coop this am.

7Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

hee, hee. I love it. Karona just have a back up plan. Can you fit through the pop hole (chicken door)?

Funny chickadee, never thought of myself as skinny but our pop holes are big enough for two birds to squeeze through side by side so they're not that small.

Cheers everyone.

8Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It would have to be a big hole for me to fit.
But I made it back to the house safe and sound.

9Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 pm

chickadee

chickadee

cheers lol, Thats great! I'm sure we will all be maybe just a little more careful!!

10Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty Re: Haha, locked IN the coop!! Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I was locked in I looked at the pop hole and went there is no way I was fitting through there but never thought if the window above the pop hole!! Would have been easier to crawl through their then take the door off. Guess I just panicked with having two little ones on their own as my older kids would not have gotten home for 3 hours.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

11Haha, locked IN the coop!! Empty re: Ha ha locked in the coop Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We just have to form a club. I was locked in the chicken yard which is about 40' x 25/30'. We had a n orange unbreakable (hah) string on the door that you pull and voila, the latch lifted and out you go. I pulled the string and the ring that held the string in place broke... affraid The door was too small for me to get through but I could have climbed a big old cedar tree if I had to. My husband had gone into town (Gibsons) to pick up some stuff. My neighbours little grand daughter loves to come over and collect eggs, (luckily) and said "whatcha doin in there". Thank heavens she was just tall enough to click the lock up. I may have been there for a while, or I may have climbed that big old tree...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum