Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket

+7
KatuskiFarms
pops coops
DCChick
Country Thyme Farm
ChicoryFarm
Prairie Chick
CynthiaM
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:01 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a dark and stormy night, two men sat by the fire, one said to Jack, Jack tell us a story, and Jack began -- it was a dark and stormy night, two men sat by the fire and one said to Jack, tell us a story, and Jack began -- it was a dark and stormy night.

Don't ask me why I put that old thing in, my dearest Uncle used to tease us that story, a never ending story. Just something came to my mind, when I was going to say it was a dark and stormy night, just like what we have been having for days. Today, there is fog everywhere. FOG!!! In the near middle of June, whatever!! But in the wintertime, I know that fog brings a sunny day when it lifts, so maybe we might have some sun today, glory to the sunshine.

Right, this was about eggs in the pocket. It was a dark and stormy night, oh right, already said that. It was about 7:30 and time to go and put the birds shut down. I saw three more cochins sitting in the nest boxes. Blah. Guess got more mammas that are going to try their hand at brooding chicks, but I am not ready to let them, so I put my hand below their warm and beautiful belly and removed the eggs. I could hold a few comfortably in my hand, but had to put three in my pocket. Put the eggs in the egg basket and carried on to do the other birds to bedtime. I was walking back home and my pants felt wet on the side. Hmmmm....that is weird, wonder what I leaned up again that was wet, didn't think anything. I put my hand into my pocket cause, well, I just like my hands in my pockets. Ich!! Wet, slimey, soggy, call it what you will, three eggs, two broken to smitherines and guess what was in there. You'll never guess. Yes, my blackberry, my link to life, it lives in my pocket, just like my camera, but my camera was in my back jeans pocket, too bad phone wasn't in there too. Blah.....get back home, wipe off the phone, and what a sticky mess. Cleaned it off best I could, took out battery, cleaned everything with a clean paper towel. Put it back together, fired up, worked, but the mouse thingy that must be used to moved around wasn't. Sigh....guess my phone is wrecked. I have my Husband's phone, but it is not a blackberry and I am a texting fiend, with blackberry there is a program that is not the usual called messaging, I love it, I text to people using the regular texting when they don't have a blackberry, but I love the instant text messaging, especially when I can see if someone has read the text sent or not, smiling. So anyways, yep, that frickin' little mousey paddy thing quit working. I took the phone apart and left it overnight. Fired it up this morning, and hoped and hoped that the little cursor thingy worked. It did!! Oh glory be. I am sitting in a little seventh heaven, knowing that in a couple of hours I know the world will be up and I can begin messaging, I had a fair number of messages that were stuck in limbo land, now I can reply to them, later, smiling. I am so happy.

I don't know if I will ever graduate from that school of hard knocks. Been there so many times, and the biggest thing, I KNOW darn well to NEVER put eggs in the pocket. For some reason they just seem to get forgotten, and usually will break and eggy stuff is everywhere, and man that stuff has a sticky side to it Shocked . So another lesson learned, hopefully this time imbedded and not forgotten.

Don't put eggs in your pocket, thinking that you will remember to take them out, cause you probably won't!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

2NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

LOL I do this all the time Cindi Embarassed

3NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:56 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Me too and break one or two a week. But I have my chicken jackets I wear so not a big deal putting them in the wash.

Thanks for the funny story!

4NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Also don't put them in your hoodie pocket, or the back pocket of your jeans, or on the floor by the door of the coop where you think it will make you remember to take them but it just puts them somewhere for you to step on... Razz

http://countrythyme.ca

5NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:20 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have this old plaid quitled shirt thing that use to be my husbands, but I like it more so now it's MINE Smile

Anyhow, I wear it pretty much every time I am out with the animals, but that is all I use it for. It doesn't get washed much Embarassed

It's old and beat up with rips from getting caught on barbed wire and one pocket with the lining ripped out so that anything put in that pocket ends up somewhere INSIDE the coat (See where this might be going?)

Just last night I was walking along rumaging through the many items tucked inside it's large pocket and other areas and pulled out an egg. Completely intact. Well, it must have been in there a while because it had a bit of a smell to it silent

So it's a toss up as to what worse - broken eggs in your pocket or smelly ones Laughing Unless of course your phone is in there too Wink

6NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:42 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't put them in your tilley hat either and then put it on the seat of the truck

http://www.popscoops.com

7NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Don't put them in the same pocket as your iPhone!!!!!! Had broken eggs with my phone twice now! Duh!

8NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:14 am

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Don't put them in your toddler's hands either, because she is sure to trip and fall and squash that one green egg from your one ameraucana hen!

9NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, the blackberry still did work, so fortunately. But when I went to talk on it, could barely hear, could hear a little bit, but oh so faint. Told my fix it guy, my Hubby and he pulled it apart. Guess what he found in the speaker part, dried up egg yolk Shocked . He cleaned that out really good and we did tests, yep, he has a cell phone too, not that unusual I guess,but glad so. I could hear him perfectly, smiling, now that could be good, that could be bad (oops, did I say that, smiling, sometimes we tune people out, now don't we Shocked ). So, I learned a lesson, sounds like we all have learned it too. By the way, I loved to hear everyone's experiences with carrying precious eggs in most inappropriate manners Razz . Have a wish for a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

10NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Done the pocket thing more than once! Yuck!

I also can not put them down anywhere jsut to do something cause the old dog will sneak away with at least one of them. He likes our eggs as much as we do. Very Happy

11NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I am notorious for doing this as well.

I once put one in my shirt pocket and it got crushed when KareBare and I hugged before she left for the day!
Splat.... Egg goo!

12NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Empty Re: NEVER put eggs in your jacket pocket Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Prairie_Crocus

Prairie_Crocus

I did this yesterday too! I went to the coop to shut things down for the night, and found a lone late-in-the day egg. I put it in my bunnyhug pocket and then forgot about it. I waddled to the garden to close the greenhouse door when I saw a horrible bindweed seedling sprouting up - I bent over to pick it up, and smashed the egg with my great big baby belly - the child isn't even born yet, and already smooshing eggs!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum