Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peacock with issues.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peacock with issues..... Empty Peacock with issues..... Sun May 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love my india blue boy. He is lovely, he causes no trouble, he fans all the time and calls very little.

A few days ago he started visitng my Chanticler pen. There are 5 girls and a boy in there. The roo is a very stately tall slim guy with shimmery white feathers. What started out as the peacock watching him, turned into the peacock displaying for him. The display turned into the peacock hopping into the chanti pen and slowly following and cooing to the roo. That turned into the roo walking quickly and worriedly around and around the dog house with the lovesick peacock behind him. Eventually the peaciock started to get more agressive about it all. Today I took the roo out of the pen and replaced him with a beefier boy. I placed the tall elegant boy into one of the rabbit pens.

The peacock is now standing outside the rabbit hutch calling and circling and displaying.

My rooster is very worried.....

2Peacock with issues..... Empty Re: Peacock with issues..... Sun May 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Oh. Oh my goodness my sides hurt from the laugher that ensued after reading this post. I'm so sorry for the roo, but so very happy you shared.

3Peacock with issues..... Empty Re: Peacock with issues..... Sun May 27, 2012 10:28 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is quite a dilemma your Chant rooster finds himself in.........

4Peacock with issues..... Empty Re: Peacock with issues..... Sun May 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pops has a chicken guinea cross...

Maybe......

5Peacock with issues..... Empty Re: Peacock with issues..... Sun May 27, 2012 11:49 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guess your Chanty roo's cock-a-doodle-do is a doodle-don't?

6Peacock with issues..... Empty Re: Peacock with issues..... Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Pops has a chicken guinea cross...

Maybe......

Umm....Sue....I think you need a boy and a GIRL for that.... Embarassed

7Peacock with issues..... Empty Re: Peacock with issues..... Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum