Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

living in Mexico

+7
Sushi
auntieevil
coopslave
uno
KathyS
mirycreek
cuckoomama
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26living in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Back to Mexico Mon May 28, 2012 9:49 am

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We could go back to Mexico if you like, I love reliving the past, not that I'm unhappy with the present, it is great. I found an old picture that was taken in 1984, and would love to share it.

27living in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: living in Mexico Mon May 28, 2012 4:35 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hey Cynthia, I am the worst hijacker, I have the conversation on moving to NB -lol
Guess if no one is upset by it, no harm, no fowl (pun intended).
Mexico has many warm and fuzzy memories, some are even a bit blurry too. Dang tequila in Mazatlan.
The second place (back to NB), is about 20 mins from Miramichi. Miramichi has a feed store, Walmart, Canadian tire, Superstores, Sobeys and pretty much everything we have ever needed. It is just under 2 hours to Moncton. Kouchibouquac Park is about 40 mins away.
For the PEI B&B, the eggs probably have to be inspected, if you plan to serve them.
Good thing Wes is handy, you can get some great deals on fixer up homes. A lot of the work force goes west to make money, so it is sometimes hard to find good help. If you can do some of it yourself, you are ahead of the game.
We haven't had much issue with the language. We don't speak French but moved to a French community. The people are very welcoming and 2 of my best friends here are French. The signs are in both languages, and a person can pick them up quick enough.
If it was hard in Dieppe, I hope your buddy survives sailing the world -lol
Where's the picture?
The signs are bad more from positioning and misdirection, then the language. A good GPS solves all of that!

28living in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: living in Mexico Mon May 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

cuckoomama wrote:

NB is a bilingual province yes? Do you have any language problems? Just wondered. We had friends that had lived in Dieppe and he said that sometimes he wanted to leave because of the sign issues. He didn't say much more.

He may have been referring to this not very popular move by the city council.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Price varies with location of course. Some areas of PEI have started to become cottage country and so the prices reflect that. Myself, I do like NB.

If your hubby wants to paint ships, he may find galleries interested in carrying his work in a number of places; Saint John, NB (gets cruise ships), Lunenburg, NS (big tourist destination - where the Bluenose was built), Halifax, NS (lots of tourism as well as cruise ships).

29living in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: living in Mexico Mon May 28, 2012 7:08 pm

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

cuckoomama wrote:Ya, My husband (who is an illustrator for publishers) can work anywhere as long as he has his paint brushes or his computer (most publishers now want digital and they want it yesterday) talked about moving out of Canada because it has become so expensive (to us). We looked into moving to Ecuador to a town? city? called Cuenca. I followed the blogs for about a year. We have adjusted our thinking to remaining in Canada and moving to PEI, because the cost of living is a lot less. Our friends are horrified....you will have WINTER, and SNOW, they said. Well, um, ya, but we have just had 5 1/2 months of RAIN and gloom and everything turning GREEN and not the lawn kind of green, after all I live on the Someshine Coast...oops, the Sunshine Coast. It is like living on an Island, to get to Vancouver, you have to take the ferry, which has almost doubled since we moved here 7 years ago, along with food, gas etc

Now, if only the house would sell, anybody want to buy a house????

Ohhh You wellll love PEI. Grammy's side of the family is from there. I love to go to the island. Lot's of dairy and sud farms! Gotta learn how to cook a good 'old hodge podge. i agree with fowler that area in PEI is becoming cottage country and the price is starting to reflect it. But you should still be able to find a good peace of land fairly cheaply.

a bit off topic.... You might want to stay away if this new EI comes... The east coast is gonnna be hit the hardest by it No

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum