Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have made a decision.

+15
lisab
liz
Fowler
pfarms
mirycreek
la-chicken
uno
ChicoryFarm
debbiej
Prairie Chick
toybarons
Hidden River
coopslave
Dan Smith
chickeesmom
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I have made a decision. Empty I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:42 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am going to take a year off of chickens. Right now I am feeling that I need a break and my wonderful smart daughter suggested this.
Next spring I should have a new barn etc etc.
I am still going to be around, can't get rid of me that easy, and chickens are my most favourite thing.

2I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Lets hope that you don't take a year off of the forum. We still want to hear from you often.

3I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:48 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like a good idea. The break will do you good and you will be able to jump in with both feet when you are ready.

4I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is a great plan Chickeesmom. But you MUST keep chatting with us all. You were my first chicken forum friend, which has turned into a great friend.(I still remember you trying to find that red head cowboy in the Innisfail crowd).

I know a love for chickens will get you some chickens eventually, maybe in a more focused area. A good break always puts things into perspective.

Have a great year off and enjoy your painting, gardening and family.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

What Hidden River said. Please keep chatting with us. When I was new to forums you helped me get my first hatchery order. You didn't know who we were but when you met me and my husband for the first time, you treated both of us as if you knew us for ages.

6I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with everyone, you are a wonderful person. I am sure this was a tough decision, enjoy your summer Very Happy

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

7I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

have a great year off, hope you get all the things done, that we all put off. Have fun planning your new flock too

8I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:25 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

You were always so cheerful and supportive to me in the 'early days' here on the Swap. We joined the same day here! I really appreciate you for that and totally support your decision. How sensible and it will give you time to heal.

Please stay connected with us Vivian.

9I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Good for you for taking care of yourself.

10I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A break is probably a good decision. If it feels right, it is right. And think of all the planning you can do...enjoy your summer.

11I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am

la-chicken

Stay in touch!

12I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like a good idea, you will have to lots to do in the meantime with the garden season coming on....

Hope you can still get fresh eggs though from some near person...that is always been my thought, I cant imagine having to live on store bought eggs!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

13I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 am

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

A break is always a good way to recover. I hope you will keep in touch with us all though. Atleast when you are ready to have them back again you will be ready, building wise and emotional wise. Maybe we will get to see you at a show or two just for fun.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

14I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've thought of doing this before. Restarting with hatching eggs and doing the top notch biosecurity thing. Maybe someday.

15I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:29 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Your new barn is going to be incredible,especially having a year to plan it.

16I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just got back from Mirror, great set up they have. I took 15 roosters to get butchered and came home to one that was hiding in the trees, an older Partridge Chantecler. Think I will have to call him Survivor!
I have a pair of Beltsville white turkeys that are still here, the eggs aren't fertile, at least not so far this spring, wondering if a place like Sunny Brook in Red Deer would like them?
I am too snoopy not to stay connected to you all on here! And of course I am sure you are all chicken addicts, my kind of people.
Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

17I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am

lisab

lisab

Hope you can enjoy some time off and have the chance to try out some new hobbies... don't enjoy them too much or you will end up with a really busy 2013 when the new barn is up and running!! sunny

18I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

A year off will give you time to plan, dream and enjoy the summer.

Your candy onions are up, BTW! They were the first to germinate and every seed came up. The are expensive. There was only 25 seeds in the packet. There is uually a couple hundred in a packet of walla walla's!

19I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Sounds good Viv... we love and support you..
Just like we can't get rid of you, I am sure you can't get rid of us... we are all just so darn cute now aren't we!!! cheers
You are such a sweetheart, and remind me of my Grannie. I truly enjoy seeing you and being part of your Chicken Friend Family!!!

OH OH OVER HERE!!!!!..... hehe........Any chance you will have some of those Marigolds again this year and Tomatoes???.... My Garden won't look as nice as it did last year if I don't have that HUGE marigold!

Love you Viv!

Jonathan!

20I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:15 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey Bowker that's why those Candy onions are so awesome, the price!
Jonny, I have some plants with your name on them, tagettes, and sungold tomatoes....

21I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Chickeesmom sounds like everyone is going to keep you busy with your plants. Smile

If Sunnybrook doesnt want the turkeys I will happily buy them from you, my Father in Law wanted Midget Whites but I am sure the Beltsville are not much different in his minds eye.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

22I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

chickeesmom wrote:Hey Bowker that's why those Candy onions are so awesome, the price!
Jonny, I have some plants with your name on them, tagettes, and sungold tomatoes....

YAY cheers

Thanks Viv!

23I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 pm

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We should have a good ol' fashioned barn raisin at your place next year Very Happy

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

24I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

DoubleSSRanch wrote:We should have a good ol' fashioned barn raisin at your place next year Very Happy

Rule of the Farm #1:

Never eat the raisins found in the barn. Especially if rabbits are about.

25I have made a decision. Empty Re: I have made a decision. Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Mom,

Had to think long and hard before responding. You have all my love and admiration. Many people would have trouble making the same decision, we are all so attached to our animals we often don't see the big picture. But I think you are the most thoughtful and unselfish of us all for you are making this decision for all the right reasons.

Love, Sue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum