Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For those unhappy with my decision of late

+16
Dan Smith
bcboy
karona
fuzzylittlefriend
bckev
viczoe
Karaandblue
heda gobbler
coopslave
Magdelan
Island Girl
Schipperkesue
authenticfarm
Echo 1
appway
Hidden River
20 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just want to say I will not be answering any more PM's about my decision I made to ban a member. If the unhappy people want to go and make their own forum then go do it, it is not as rosy being the administrator of a site as some of you think. Decisions have to be made and kept, sorry if it hurt people's feeling but I am done with it.

I made this forum to help people become educated about poultry, I made it to help buyers and sellers distribute their livestock, and it has grown into a wonderful place to have some exchanges.

I am a busy person, I have a family, I run the farm, and I run my business. This is not a place I built to donate my time to moderate and then get questioned about my decisions.

I like the forum sharing, I like that people feel comfortable asking for help and I like that we can all share what we want to share. So lets keep it that way and keep this forum alive, because as of right now I am really leaning towards shutting it down.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well Said Jayme I admin a few groups on FB so I know what you are saying
and you should not have to justify what you do
Joe

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hidden, I enjoy this forum so much. I want to thank you for building this forum and for making the difficult decisions to ensure it remains an enjoyable, informative place to visit. I will never question the choices you make and will be grateful I do not have to make them.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

The questioners should perhaps try moderating something sometime. It's not an easy task.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It would be a shame to lose this forum. I enjoy it very much. When you moderate or administrate a forum much goes on behind the scenes that the non moderators do not see, know or understand. An administrator or their forum should not be judged based on the tiny picture you see when you log on, nor on the views of others involved in disputes. Often there is a delicate balancing act performed by admin/moderators of online forums, and the full picture unseen.

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sorry to hear of the troubles, things happen and for better or worse you try to move ahead. As Sue said and as a moderator myself, its not so easy sometimes. This is a pleasant and informative place to visit my hats off to you HR for trying to keep it that way.

XOX Monika

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

whilst I think it would suck a rotten spud, I would understand if you just wanted to be done Hidden. For my part I love the place, think it is made up of a grand bunch of folks who all seem to have something to offer (I learn from other peoples learnings, guess that makes me a freeloader of sorts). Have learned so much here which would have taken me sooooo long to learn from just books and ferreting about online. Thanks.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Spring will come, it will get better. (that is what I am hoping anyways...)

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

"Your house, your rules".

While chat is great I come here for the livestock esp poultry discussions.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

I agree with Coop - spring is coming right? I sure dang well hope so!

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

As Coop says Spring will come and the sun will shine. I for one enjoy this group and it is the only one I post on and I don't envy Jayme having to watch over us all. I always put a lot of thought into my posts and find if I can't disagree with someone's post gracefully I just don't post. Please don't bicker and none of us know the nitty gritty behind Hidden's need to do this. I would hate to see this group disband as I do not do Facebook. Praying for "Sun"

Heather

Last edited by viczoe on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

http://www.triple-h.ca

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My favourite forum so thank you for all your work and keeping it on farming.

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am glad to see it hopefully return to buying, selling, swapping birds and farm animals again. That is why I joined, that is why I stay. I dont honestly want to hear peoples personal problems even as entertaining as they may be. Most of the time they just make me angry and I must refrain from posting.

This place goes a little off track every winter. I recall some similar stuff going down around the same time last year and spankings were given out.

Let spring come and everyone can get hatching, buying and selling again! enough already....

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I enjoy this forum and have learnt a lot.
It is nice to have a place to ask for advise.
I must say having to monitor everyone would
take so much pactience. Not for me I would
be to quick to tell someone off and were to go
if they got out of hand.

Yes it might just be cabin fever setting in let
hope thats all.

I think people need to stop and rethink before
they hit the send button. It is very easy to just
type your mind in but remember the whole world
sees what your posting. Including not to savory
people.

And I don't do facebook either.

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree totally on all counts Karona!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

heda gobbler wrote:"Your house, your rules".

While chat is great I come here for the livestock esp poultry discussions.

Yes your house. I like to thank-you for all the work you have done to start the forum and for all the hard work that keep it running.
I'm also here for the chicken talk and to see how others do things. I like the gardening talk too. What a nice sunny day it was in Vernon today. I think spring has sprung with todays weather.
Thank again Jayme for allowing me to be apart of this Great forum. May it grow and live on for newbies like me.
Kimball

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It has been along cold winter...I think Cabin fever must be it!

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks Jayme for all your hard work. You should be admired not questioned.

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

PLEASE don't ever shut it down. I love this place. I love that there are so many people I can learn from and I feel more comfortable here that other places. People all have different ideals, philosophies and opinions and others just need to accept that everyone is different, allow the difference and accept them even if you strongly disagree.

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Dan Smith wrote:Thanks Jayme for all your hard work. You should be admired not questioned.

Need a "LIKE" button here  Very Happy 

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

22For those unhappy with my decision of late Empty Good Job Jayme Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:12 am

rbryne

rbryne

It has been a while since I have been on the site and do not know anything about this but I have to agree with Jayme.  Like any club there are always a few people doing all the work but as soon as one of the workers have to make a decision many people have want to wade in and disagree.  WHERE WERE THEY WHEN HELP WAS NEEDED??

Good on you Jayme stick with you guns and I hope you continue with this site.  As I said it has been a while but I enjoy reading the chats and keeping up to date and having others that know far more than me that are willing to help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum