Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My very first turkey egg!!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My very first turkey egg!!!! Empty My very first turkey egg!!!! Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am

Rosies

I am soooo excited my blue slate pair have started laying!!!! I now have 3 eggs that I hope are fertile. 2 are in the bator already but going to collect up some more for another batch. I have gotten one 3 days in a row now so hope she continues on laying well. Am excited to try some heritage turkey this year for thanksgiving and Christmas. I never see them breed though so hoping they are just private breeders lol.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Rosies on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a picture)

2My very first turkey egg!!!! Empty Re: My very first turkey egg!!!! Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

It's very egg citing indeed. cheers

That is a nice turkey egg, here is to hoping that they are breeding!

Cheers

3My very first turkey egg!!!! Empty Re: My very first turkey egg!!!! Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratts! I just got my first Bourbon Red egg from my youngster, the older hen has been laying for a couple weeks but this youngster not yet. Just one though so far.
I didnt have high fertility their first year here in the Blues but you will get some once he get's it figured out. Good luck!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4My very first turkey egg!!!! Empty Re: My very first turkey egg!!!! Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:10 am

la-chicken

Didn't think it was ever going to hapeen.
BUT
I found two Narragensett Eggs!!!

Keep them coming girls. Woot woot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum