Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to work out when to go away for our holidays

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well we have been trying to work out when to go away for our holidays, but not always easy to work out the dates.
Well over night it came to me or should I say in the morning it came to me just like that ......................when to go away on holiday.
The moment I walked out the the goats and saw my buck Zuce in with the girls I knew the date had been set to be at least a July not an August holiday.
The chain to his gate was un clipped ......how I don't know............but unclipped for sure.
Now I have 10 girls and he had gotten over the fence 7 and a half foot fence ,via his shelter a few times and then when I moved his shelter so he could not jump the fence he went throw the gate tock off the wood and wallk throw. That is how he breed my girls so far.
Now I know he had only got 6 our of my 10 girls pregnant. But now I have had 2 does give birth in the last 2 weeks one was locked up inside with her kids for the night to give them some mom and baby time. Milk other goat lost her kids and is now my milk goat .........scream .............. was thinking of taking her on holidays with us as I can milk her until Christmas time this year. Mind she did not look like he had breed her, my milk goat that is.
One good thing is my male goat was never de horned right and so his horns re grow. Last year his horns re grew and got caught in the fence and ripped off. One $150 vet bill later. They thought they had caught all the blood vessels so the horns would not re grow.
So the one good thing is Zuce's horns are now gone as Oreo my big castrated male tock them off for me . Mind there is blood all over both their heads , but Oreo just saved me $150 at the vets.
I had a nice surprise today my first Turkey egg........now is it fertile don't know for sure.
So there you go life on the farm continues....................

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum