Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you feed your chickens wheatgrass in the winter?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cok-a-do-dool-doo!

Cok-a-do-dool-doo!

Do you feed your chickens wheatgrass in the winter?

http://thecluckstopshere.ca

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love wheatgrass, and if I had somewhere where I could grow it, I would put out containers of it each day, bring it back in and let it regrow some more and then put it back out for the birds. I am going to be growing wheatgrass when the weather gets better, outside, for extra greens in the summertime, not that they will need extra, but why not. They get a chance to freerange everyday anyways, but extra is always good. I can't wait to grow it for us to begin to drink it again, so yummy!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Cok-a-do, you've got a lot of short, interesting questions which we are happy to answer but would love to receive an introduction from you as well. The request has been put out a couple of times.

Who are you.....what area are you in......and what are you raising? And please, tell us about your website and what you've got going there.

Thanks! Dawn

Cok-a-do-dool-doo!

Cok-a-do-dool-doo!

ChicoryFarm wrote:Hey Cok-a-do, you've got a lot of short, interesting questions which we are happy to answer but would love to receive an introduction from you as well. The request has been put out a couple of times.

Who are you.....what area are you in......and what are you raising? And please, tell us about your website and what you've got going there.

Thanks! Dawn

I'm a innovative poultry farmer looking to expand his flock and broaden his mind. I have RIR thecluckstopshere.ca is my website. "I grow my own wheatgrass" (this topic may have been better in General Chatting)

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's great. Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the info.

I feed my birds alfalfa 3 times a week in the winter mixed in with some healthy yummy treats that I know they'll eat. I'm very satisfied with the quality of their eggs as a result.

Cok-a-do-dool-doo!

Cok-a-do-dool-doo!

What other treats do u feed them? Thank you I feel welcome. Wheatgrass is easy to grow. Do you feed them meal worms?

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good morning, nice now to have made your acquaintance with your little intro Very Happy . Why don't you start a topic on growing wheatgrass. I know this has been dabbled into a little, but never an actual topic on it. I remember my Auntie first introduced me to wheatgrass. She had it growing everywhere (she lived on her Daughter's farm, just like us) and they were vegetarians. I recall flats of wheatgrass growing everywhere and on the little table was a wheatgrass thingabobthatdoesthejob, like a meat grinder, and she ground me up some of the most wonderful juice. The bombus (bumblebees) actually made a nest in some of the root systems that she had put into a big tub, smiling. I am a bee person. I have a slow juicer called a Huron, and it makes juice, in an auger style, juice comes out one spout, the debris out the other spout. It makes wonderful wheatgrass, so I am told, but haven't tried it yet. It is very simple. Oh brother, ramblin' on, that ramblin' gal, I shoulda left this information for the thread that I KNOW you will start, one fine day, when you feel even more comfortable with your new group of friends. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

It is so windy here, I can't even go outside, and I see some litte teeny tiny snowflakes Shocked . That is not cool, oh I ope the wind (southerly) stops and the snow stops coming down the valley. I saw it coming and it is clear as mud that the snow is coming, again!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum