Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To feed or not to feed...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1To feed or not to feed... Empty To feed or not to feed... Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:35 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

that is the question. I went to town yesterday to get some grower for my 3 month old chicks - the power was out all over and everything was closed (bummer). Can I feed the 3 month old chicks medicated starter again until I can get back into town or would that mess up their immune systems?

2To feed or not to feed... Empty Re: To feed or not to feed... Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I feed it mixed with my grain ration and some grit. Dont think it would hurt them.

3To feed or not to feed... Empty Re: To feed or not to feed... Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've feed medicated starter/grower until POL with no problems. Now I do the same as chickeesmom and add grain ration to my birds feed along with free-ration grit.

4To feed or not to feed... Empty Re: To feed or not to feed... Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

Thanks Chickeesmom and Flicker - I will have to feed them the medicated starter until Tues. and they seem fine so far. They have been off the medicated feed for 3 weeks and on grower so I was worried it would make them sick to put them back on medicated for a short period.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum