Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now That I Have Lone Duck What Do I Do With Her?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It's only been 24 hours since I lost my'Duck-duck', but his lady friend 'Goose' (she's really a duck) already seems lonely. I've taken her out of the cage they were in because I just don't know how he was injured (something about the cage or a predator of somekind). Right now she's in a big Rubbermaid in the garage. Can she live with the chickens? Would that make her feel less alone? Could she live with a small rabbit? Either way I wonder about food - her eating the chicken feed and them eating hers. Same goes for the rabbit. Any ideas?

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

DC if you are willing to travel and ready for a new drake I can get you one. I have an extra boy here that would work for you. Then she wouldnt be so lonely.
In the mean time I think she would do fine with the chickens. My bantam ducks live with our standard cochins right now and do fine. Layer feed does not have medications in it so not to worry about her eating it.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hidden, if you have one I would LOVE to take him! I know there will be some traffic between you and me later this month - my cousin here is having a baby and her parents live by Mortlach. I have another aunt and uncle coming, but not till the end of April. How much would you like for him?

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I emailed you.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum