Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photobucket

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Photobucket Empty Photobucket Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, go figure, been using this program for years. Today I can't upload anything to photobucket. I use the bulk uploader and when the program searches my computer for files, it finds them..but...in the box where the pictures show up once you want to open them, there is a notification that it does not support any files in the folders. Anyone else experiencing this, or is this just a gliche on photobucket? I even uninstalled and reinstalled Java, just in case the program had not been updated, which is unlikely, I have automatic updates on my computer. So, how is photobucket workin' for all of ya? Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

2Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'll log into my account and see if it works for me. Be right back...

eta: well, it seemed to work fine. Test to see if linking to the newly uploaded pic works...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, everything seems to be working for me.

eta: Sorry I can't be of any real help. I know nothing about the technical stuff. scratch

4Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:42 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had that happen before, and had to wait a day or at least a part of a day before I could upload the pics.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

5Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is what happens everytime I try to use the bulk uploader! I have to do it the slow way or not at all. That is why I just give up sometimes! Rolling Eyes

6Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:27 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I will get to the bottom of it, because this morning I still can't use the bulk uploader and I refuse to use the other program in there for uploading, because as you know Coopslave, it is disgustingly slow. I used to use that too, and it took so long, I didn't put many pictures anywhere. I have emailed the support team and will report what they instruct me (hope they reply). It is very frustrating, as I know how fast the bulk uploader is. There appears to be a window now and then where I can get the pictures to show up to upload, but then gliches and stops, sigh. So, pretty sure it is not something that I have toggled to off or on or something like that on my laptop, nope, gliche in their system for surely. Think there is something going on in photobucket that I don't like. Might have to find another hosting program for image uploading to forum areas. I don't like it when things don't work, and clearly there is a gliche. I didn't try the one that uploads single pictures, too painful, so I await a reply from photobucket. Got some cool pics to bring on to my friends, when things get up and running again, smiling that big smile. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

7Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

same thing with me cynthia, thought it was just me but lately I cant use bulk uploader either, it says there is a problem with the page and it closes....
I have just been using the host a photo button here through forumotion and it is very slow...
Let me know if you figure it out please!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

8Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK, this is good information. I have contacted photobucket support and went to the four links that they told me to try out to see if I can get it fixed. I had already performed those steps yesterday. Nope. Not my problem, it is there issue on the site, clearly. I sent an email back, indicating that I had already tried everything suggested in the links to solving problems in photobucket with uploading. I am awaiting a reply now to further see what may be going on. Now that I hear others are having issues too, I will send another email and indicate is is definitely not me, their problem, perhaps they need some tweaking on their site. For now, photos will just have to wait, as I am impatient when it comes to technology and refuse to waste time when I know that I can do things quickly on the internet, just my way. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Here are the links to problems with bulk uploader. Two important things, ensure you have the update of Java and have Adobe flash player, seems those were two very key things. But honestly, this is not the issue, it is something in the photobucket site.

Photobucket Support Robot here Smile I've hand-picked some articles that will help answer your question(s). Check them out below. If the articles below don't answer your question please reply to this email with more info. A real live Photobucket Support Rep. will reply to you soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know if this will help anyone, maybe one time it will, but it has not helped me, did all the stuff above.

9Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry you were not able to solve the problem. I can load 3,4 or 5 pictures the other way, just when I try to do 10 or so it crashes.

10Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is anyone else experiencing problems with photobucket using the bulk uploader? Anyone having success with uploading using the bulk uploader? I emailed the company again, no response, I still cannot upload using the bulk uploader. The window where the pictures appear once one's computer has been scanned from files has a message saying the folder does not support any images. Anyone? Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

11Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

for me it seems like it was a java issue, I removed all of my older editions and finally managed to upload the latest and today, yay, I can finally use the bulk uploader...
so you helped me out cynthia by posting the info about updating your java and flashplayer..not sure if I could repeat what i did but it is working for now, thanks, hope you can resolve yours as well, it it so much easier for sure.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

12Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:25 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh brother, what a long haul, glad that I could help Miry. But I still could not use photobucket and had sent a request for support for a third time to the company and when we got back from being away, received a good response, I complied with the request (and that was to ensure that I had the most current update to Firefox, downloaded it) and I can now upload to photobucket. I have made a new post about rice hull bliss, smiling, well, I will in a few minutes. My browser is Firefox, maybe with IE there may have not been these issues, who knows, but boy was it annoying!!

It would appear that I had not updated the new firefox 10.0.1, was still running 10.0. So, since that update, I can now upload to photobucket, something so simple. I will always be checking firefox for updates henceforth. I thought I had an automatic update feature, but guess not. So anyone, troubles with uploading to photobucket, using the bulk uploader, check that you have Java and Firefox updated. Hope this will also help others (Coopslave, you had problems too, check for these). Anyways, good, I can bring on pictures, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

This is what the team at photobucket indicated to me:

Sorry for the delayed response - we're playing catchup with our ticket queue Sad

We did have an issue with the bulk uploader breaking flash. I have tested today however and after the update to Firefox 10.0.1 it seems to be functioning properly. Please go to your "help" menu and then click on "about firefox." The page that pops up will tell you if there are any updates available.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum