Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Eggs are Late Again!!

+4
Prairie Chick
Hidden River
lanaire-ranching
Susan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Again I had my eggs shipped Priority and again they are late. Once from Quebec now from Sask! I can"t win! Its Friday after 4, things are not looking good.

2My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

oh no!!! that is terrible!!! i would make them cover the cost of the eggs on top of the shipping, regardless of how they hatch--- they are really screwing with the hatch rate if they have to sit over the weekend! No

Last edited by lanaire-ranching on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sigh... spelling!)

3My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

It said the item went out for delivery at 11 am this morning. Not sure why you didnt get it...Your number is on the package so if there was an issue you think they would call.
Once you get them we will submit a claim for sure.

Lanaire unfortunately they do not refund eggs, part of their "policy". I had a package lost for a week, finally got delivered. They refunded shipping but that was it, and out of almost 2 dozen eggs only 3 hatched. Sad So I resent the eggs as no charge because I felt bad.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They just got here Jayme! 2 are cracked and I will candle the rest before I put them in the incubator tomorrow. What beautiful eggs- have they been laying all winter? The colour is still vibrant! Thanks for the extras!!

5My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad they made it there ok, 2 cracked isnt too bad, hopefully you have a great hatch.
They were slow to start up, they were late April babies, I had them in a unheated quonsett so they didnt mature as fast as they could have. Which was fine, I prefer them to mature slow and then produce like crazy.
You should get some great little babies I am very happy with the ones I am getting.

6My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I sent some to Alberta and no action since Edmonton on the 6th. Ugh!

Glad Hidden's made it to you Susan.

7My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Makes you wonder if they get put on a shelf somewhere and forgotten about??? I would call Canada Post PC, when mine were showing still in Medicine Hat I called and sure enough not even shipped out from the depot they were started at, they were shipped right away after that...
We need to find a better way to ship eggs I think.

8My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pc, that's terrible, I hope they get there! Jayme, yes I'm so glad they got here- I'll keep you posted as to how they develop. I have been having poor hatches in my hovabator, so now I'm using 2 of Richard's turnX's. (Thanks Richard!!!!). They seem fool proof.

9My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:35 pm

HighCountry

I have eggs that did not make it today Sad. Darn Canada Post.

http://www.highcountryshetlands@xplornet.com

10My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I called and they opened a file but of course nothing they can do until Monday. They should have to refund for the eggs after all we have to replace them because of their crappy service.

11My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:44 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I shipped a small box of six eggs to smokyriver on Wed. she got them today, and I didn't send them xpress post. They were all smashed, well one cracked but I tell yah, it is so maddening. I have been using styrofoam boxes from the greenhouse that the bugs are shipped in. Ran out so will have to see if I can get some more, they seemed to work pretty good. I am going to resend eggs to smoky.

12My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh no! How disappointing Sad

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

13My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got the eggs from Quebec in one of the styrofoam shippers, it worked great. Still some detached air cells but no broken eggs. This was a purolator shipment, here in 2 days. Got another shipment from BC, took 2 days by xpresspost, 2 broken eggs, and the wrapping was very good.

14My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:30 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i am coming to the conclusion of if they are expensive breed of eggs then its better off to buy the chicks for the extra money i dont think i will leave my hatch rates up to canada post for expensive eggs any more...i am not rich enuff to waste money on expensive shipping when they come late and smashed up, LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

heheheh just wanted to use this smiley.. Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

15My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:48 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good News: The eggs i shipped did make it, I guess its a very small town (post office is in the grocery store) and they don't have the scanner to verify deliver. I heard from my customer and they arrived in perfect shape, not one broken. He was very impressed with the packing, i used Claire's popcorn packing Very Happy

16My Eggs are Late Again!! Empty Re: My Eggs are Late Again!! Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm

I've had good and bad luck with Express Post .Some got here early andf some get lost in the mail ?? I'm going to try the bus next to see what they do , most likly recieve a omlet or scrambled eggs Evil or Very Mad [b]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum