Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucky Duck

+2
uno
Hillbilly
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lucky Duck Empty Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yesterday, as we were doing our nightly feedings of horses, goats, chickens, ducks and geese, well, making sure the latter few had sufficient food and water, I encountered the stripped corpse of one of my Magpie ducks.
A few months back, I caught 7 coons in just over a week after losing my only female at the time.
So, out goes the trap last night, thinking I'd have something to deal with when I got home from work.

I get a text from my better half around 9 this morning. She's looked in the spotting scope, and the trap is empty.
Odd. It's a given, if there's a coon around, I will catch the bugger.
An hour later she phones me. Even more odd, as my job keeps me so busy, texting me is her best option, as I never answer the phone.
Reason for phone-call...
She hears a kerfuffle outside. (ducks and geese reside together). She looks out, and a bald eagle is on top of a duck. She runs outside, at which point, realizes duck is on it's back, with eagle on top of it. She and dog, (who knows his job here), scare the eagle off, and duck is somehow unscathed. Pretty much impossible if you know how eagles' talons function.
So now Jackson, said dog, is patrolling the fenceline with his hackles up, as the eagle is above him in a tree.
He's no LGD, just a mexican rescue, but apparently, he's taking on a new role.
Apparently, I have some work to do tomorrow...

2Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Wow that is a lucky duck! And a vigilant woman who spotted the trouble.

Give the dawg a scratch for me - a good guard dog is worth his weight in kibble.

3Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:04 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Su perro de Mexico es un bueno hombre! Y su esposa es una beuna hombre (mujer) tambien! Hasta luego mi amigo.

4Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Su perro de Mexico es un bueno hombre! Y su esposa es una beuna hombre (mujer) tambien! Hasta luego mi amigo.

Your dog is a good Mexican man! And his wife is a Beuno man (woman) also! Until then my friend.

http://www.popscoops.com

5Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lucky indeed!

6Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yikes! That is one lucky ducky.

7Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pops, are you mocking my terrible Spanish? I could unleash the Pig Latin next! (I actually studied Latin back in the day)

8Lucky Duck Empty Re: Lucky Duck Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:46 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh oh, now Uno is going to begin to speak in another strange language, Pig Latin, smiling. I thought at first that you had forgetten your English Very Happy .

Hillbilly, that was one lucky duck. Right eh? Who would suspect air when one thinks mostly of land predation. Good thing your other half saw that happening and went to the rescue, with that dog on guard too, yay, a good day, now have another good day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum