Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What, the duck, to do?

+4
Schipperkesue
coopslave
heda gobbler
BriarwoodPoultry
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What, the duck, to do?  Empty What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I just don't know what to do with my ducks....
I don't know just what to do with my ducks....

I'm so tired of eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating giant duckie eggs... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatching ducklings with orange legs...

I just don't know what to do with my ducks....

Seriously I get ten duck eggs a day. TEN. What the duck do I do with them? No one around here eats them! I can't sell them! Stupid ducks, can't they just be lawn ornaments?

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

2What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:21 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well. You could get pigs. They would love duck eggs. And then you would have bacon and sausage and a few less eggs.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hear duck eggs are good for baking. Do you bake? Hubby always tells me I am a great cook but I can't bake. Guess I shouln't get ducks! Laughing

4What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What kind of ducks?

5What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pekin (I have 5 ducklings right now! so cute) and muscovy x pekins. Smile

6What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeah, what kind of ducks? Fertile? Sell me a dozen to put under these stubbornly and chronically broody hens.

7What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm

I will buy duck eggs..

8What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have a FULL tray of duck eggs in the incubator to check fertility. The last batch - not so great, 5 ducklings out of a full tray of eggs. Partly because the were old, washed, and partly because I don't even know if we had the drake when my dad started collecting. LOL! Anyways I will know soon I suppose!

9What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:36 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Duck eggs are superior in a number of ways. The shell is also less porous so they maintain quality longer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some European and Asian groups actually prefer duck eggs when they can get them.

10What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:55 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, if only we were closer, duck eggs are absolutely the best. When we had muscovy ducks, we couldn't get enough duck eggs, so darn good for anything that is made with eggs, and oh, those yolk, oh those yolks!! Freeze them in packages of 4, then make lots of homemade mayonnaise!! I did that with surplus eggs last summer and I had eggs to make mayonnaise with when the chickens were molting and I just did not have enough eggs. Make lots of things with mayonnaise. make homemade Caesar dressing with homemade mayonnaise and have Caesar dressing EVERY day, with lots of garlic, now that is a whomper!!!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

If you ever get over to Surrey, bring my Sister dozens of them, smiling. She is a lover of duck eggs too! She really does but just kidding, you know Razz

11What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I sold my duck eggs for $2 a dozen MORE than my chicken eggs. Put an ad online, you might be surprised. I use them for baking, they are wonderful.

12What, the duck, to do?  Empty Re: What, the duck, to do? Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:51 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is also the pet food market. It is trendy now to feed whole/natural/raw foods to you pets. Market them that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum