Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frozen eggs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frozen eggs Empty Frozen eggs Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know that a frozen egg will have a cloudy white when it thaws and should be just fine for eating, providing no baddies got in through the cracked shell. My question, do they perform the same in baking or once frozen, does this somehow change the structure and behviour of the egg as a binder and leavener? (levener? sp?)

Also, frozen eggs are supposed to spin on their side, like a boiled egg. But I find my regular raw eggs spin just fine too. Can anyone verify or lay to waste this idea that frozen eggs spin while regular eggs wobble?

2Frozen eggs Empty Re: Frozen eggs Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:11 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

A couple years ago when we had extra eggs we froze them in freezer bags. Later we used them for cooking. They are not quite the same as unfrozen, but in baking they are fine. An alternative I like better is to use the eggs in a shrimp quiche, freeze and reheat later. The typical egg frozen in the coop should be fine if clean, but we give them to the dogs here.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum