Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank Yous to those who helped at the Red Deer show...

+8
Dark Wing Duck
Bowker Acres
liz
pops coops
poplar girl
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
Arcticsun
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is in no way a list of everyone who stepped up at the Red Deer show, but there are some new faces that we would like to thank for helping with set up, take down (especially), feeding, watering and all the little things that need doing.

John the sheep guy
Johnny Anvil
Shelby and Jan (DoubleSS and her mom)
Carmen and Schipperke
Norma, could not have had a rabbit row without you!

My brain has suddenly gone blank.... will add names as the coffee gets it churning again.

Seriously, we absolutely could NOT do these shows with out YOUR help!

Last edited by Arcticsun on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is great so many were able to help out. I saw on another site someone mentioned getting 4-H members to come help, they do this as a community giving, they would probably love to see something like this and be happy to come help. Just a thought for next time.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have been really trying to contact them for the past year or so, even through the main 4H office! No response really from any of them. Our dog club used to pay the 4H's for their help, and we would really love to have some serious 4H involvement. We are hoping to have 4H displays and projects etc etc. We are going to keep trying! We really want them to be part of all this!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I didn't do much this show, but I do know that if everyone pitches in and does just a little, it sure lightens the load.

Sue

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Next show let me help more! I love to care for the birds...water, feed, fresh bedding!! I did some this time but I wan't sure if I was allowed! I could spend all weekend making sure the birds are comfortable What a Face

I plan to be at Wetaskawin!!

And HUGE thank you to everyone who made this show happen.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

poplar girl, YOURE HIRED!!!

Of course you are more than welcome to help with water and such!!! and we definitely appreciate the help!

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Awesome! cheers I will so be helping more next time. Me and all the chooks will be on a first name basis!!

Oh and the Save On Foods people were awesome. Friendly, happy folk! The goyza were so yummy!! I love you

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I so wish I was closer so I could help with anything and everything, Sue get back to me with details of what I owe and and maybe we could look at a list of the silent auction items and what they sold for would be very interesting. How much did the ring go for.

http://www.popscoops.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Pops, I was the only one who wanted to best Susan's bid so I walked away with it for $105. I willingly made the contribution to CHB! They say a lady never tells the price so I must be a tramp!

By the day, Doug STILL hasn't noticed it on my finger!

Sue

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

hey nice ring you got a steal of a deal, how much did the vinatge chicken pendant go for, you can PM me

http://www.popscoops.com

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I want to thank Nuthatch for bathing birds at my shop.My shop has never been cleaner with all the additional cleaning she did at my shop. Nuthatch was also at the show for set up and tear down don't think we could have done it with out her!

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It was the least I could do for all the support you have given me. Next year, I promise to be less of a pain in the rear end and much more help. It is nice to help because it breaks up the day. What would you do there for three days if you weren't helping?? It also gave me a chance to look at all the birds. I must admit, bird feeding was my way of getting to admire everyone. I have now picked my breed, will order and SOP after Christmas, and will start working on my own show birds for next year!! I am already planning.

BTW - I was not there Friday so was wondering if there was an "event" in the evening. I would be willing to help cater a "meet and greet" for next year. Would be nice if we all had name tags for a bit and get to mill around. Thinking maybe a wine and cheese....I make awesome pot stickers and baby 3-cheese and bacon stuffed potatoes...just a thought.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Carmen you can bring those potatos to my place any time you want!!!

We can always use a helping hand, especially for takedown. I know everyone wants to go home... SO DO WE! Laughing

The feeding and watering is a great way to see all the birds. Easy to do and usually is done first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening so you get to do it in relative quiet with out the crowds.

There are a million little jobs to do, with just a core group of about 10 people it can be easy to overlook or miss something.

This is the first show CHB has put on and we had some great new innovations, loads of things going on. We have things pretty figured out now, next year the few hiccups will be covers and we will be the envy of North America... possibly THE WORLD!!!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I thought there was a show put on last fall in Wetaskiwin?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dark Wing Duck wrote:I thought there was a show put on last fall in Wetaskiwin?

That was a Three Old Hens show.

Sue

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:

Sue
?, Uh... OK.
Didn't the three old hens do this one as well?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dark Wing Duck wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:

Sue
?, Uh... OK.
Didn't the three old hens do this one as well?

This was a Canadian Heritage Breeds show.

Are you totally confused yet?

Sue

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I just wanted to say it was my pleasure to chip in and help out where need be, KareBare2 also took on some chores and helped out as well.

I do apologize, for not being able to stick around after for tear down, I had to get back home and do some last minute Cramming for my Economics final.

Which I Passed!!

Next show, like I said at the last show.. PLEASE contact me, I am more than willing to help out.. No one told me 9 am was setup time.... I could have skipped morning classes.. hehehe

Looking forwards to the next show.
Jonny A

Mel

To ALL OF YOU - a fantastic job and we apologize as well as we couldn't stay but we'll be at Wetaskiwin to help!

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

DWD... here is how it works.

Three Old Hens put on the Wetaskiwin show.'
We realized that we needed a few more people in order to get bigger, thus CHB
CHB put on the Red Deer show.

The roosters can crow all they want and puff up thier chests with pride, but never forget those Three Old Hens.

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ohhhhh, now I seeeee!
On paper you say it was a group effort, but all along it was really just you old birds that make things happen! I get it now. Suspect

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I didnt SAY that..... lol

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:I didnt SAY that..... lol

I would. The show the Three Old Hens produced proved that there was an active interest for an officially sanctioned poultry show. It was something that was needed and wanted.

You ladies birthed it and you can say the CHB delivered it.

Now it just needs to grow flower

24Thank Yous to those who helped at the Red Deer show... Empty Red Deer show thank you's Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:24 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Articsun, My husband and I can help next year in Red deer on the tear down, or in other ways too. He took the day off ( friday) so we could go.

We've done lots of horse show set-ups and tear down's. More than willing to help! Great show by the way!!!

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

You are HIRED!

We absolutely can desperately use the help, especially with teardown. By Sunday we have been working the show for at least 4 days already! In some case things are transported and sorted on Wednesday so those people will have been working the show for FIVE DAYS!!!!!!

Teardown is getting faster now that we know what to do, but a few more hands would make a huge difference.

I will make a note in my book, add your name to the list.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum