Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Deer show--- fantastic !!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Red Deer show--- fantastic !!!! Empty Red Deer show--- fantastic !!!! Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:48 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hat's off to the people who put togather the show. Fantastic job and thank you for all the great work you did. With people like you running the show, our hobby will stay alive and can only grow and get bigger and better.

cheers Thank you! cheers

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

2Red Deer show--- fantastic !!!! Empty Re: Red Deer show--- fantastic !!!! Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad you enjoyed it.
HOw did you do at the sale?
You had quite a bit there

3Red Deer show--- fantastic !!!! Empty Sales Results Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:47 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Had a great sale.

Sold 52 coturnixs, gave the last 8 males away for free. Everyone wants trios. Didn't have to cull anyone. Also delivered 30 on way down. Sold right out of the big "C" right now. Some of my pheasants buddies were laughing about them on Friday, not on Saturday.

Only had 10 buttons when I got there ( delivered 10 on way down). Sold the seven for sale in the first hour on Friday. Could have sold 50 if I had them.

Sold all 16 Cornish I had. Last 3 sold at 3 in the morning on the internet. Couldn't sleep in hotel. Got a beep for email. They were gone.

Sold the last 8 of my purebred Sebright crosses. Only have 3 left at home.

Sold 10 pheasants - 4 Lady Amherst, 2 full colour Yellow Goldens, 2 Melanistic ring necks, 2 young Red Goldens.

Sold both pairs of Valley quail I had. Could have sold another 20 pairs if I had them. Can not believed the pent up demand for fancy quails. Lots of demand for Bobwhites and othe types (Gambles, Blue scales, etc.)

I was basically sold out of everything by the banquets on Saturday. Only had 3 pheasants left, figured I would be all day Sunday selling them. Went over early on Sunday, 7 a.m, to clean up and load all my boxes and crates from the selling area. A guy was standing there waiting to buy them. Wanted to make sure he didn't miss them. He was the gentleman with the beautiful Runt pigeons. Never seen pigeons that size. I am going to work a trade out with him this fall for some pheasants for some Runts. Want to have a pair for when the kindergartens kids come. Going to tell them this is what's happens when you eat all the proper food. You grow up super sized!

Had a fantastic time. Met some really great people and made a lot of new friends. Extremely pleased with the sale part. I had my prices down a bit lower then normal but I need to clean out the pens so I have room to start breeding. On top of the great trip, came home to 5 baby Bobwhites and 5 baby Valley quail in the incubator.

The sale was great. I have a few suggestions for the planning committee for next year, but I am definitely planning on going again.

Almost forgot. Handed out all 150 of my business cards I took. People do love those Quail and Cornish.

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum