Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uno is a basket case!

+9
Hillbilly
happychicks
karona
pops coops
ipf
blackdove
Arcticsun
loushrop
uno
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uno is a basket case! Empty Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:13 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is not a news flash to anyone! On a lighter note, since I am guilty of heavy notes, I thought I would share my most recent crafting adventures.

Some of you know I am a quilter, but this basket making is new to me and I am having a blast, as they can be completed in less that 8 months! No unkind comments please as I am never very secure about my artistic skills. They are just something I'm having fun with for now, soon I will have had enough of all the fiddly little bits and pieces.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

UNO those are beautiful. You are quite the crafty little person. Where do you find the time? They look difficult. Lou

3Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Loushrop. The thing I find so exciting about these is that they don't take that much time. I can get one done in 3 or 4 hours. For me, a quilter, that's an instant craft! So instead of parking infront of the boob tube every night, I work on a basket. Well, when I'm not posting here....

4Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

UNO!!!!

Come to the Red Deer show and bring a bijillion of them!!!
OMG! They are absolutely goregeous!
HOw about some closeups?!!!

5Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will try some close-ups, but my camera skills are lacking. Will post them later.

Anything I make a bajillion of I'm afraid I'll get stuck with. What will I do with a bajillion of these stupid little baskets?

I have one by my bed for pens and bookmarks, one by the door for keys and camera, one on the dresser for earrings and other trinkets. I've made them for my mom, my daughter, my coffee buddies and now I'm forcing them on random strangers. No Arctic, a bajillion is just not a good idea.

6Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:41 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I think they are great but uno refuses to make me one... WAH!!! Razz

Laughing Laughing

7Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:06 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What a meany!

8Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:18 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very nice work, they look fantastic I don't think you will be stuck with any of them, they would make perfict gifts

http://www.popscoops.com

9Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:29 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Uno those are great looking and your camera skills
seem to be fine. Also you computer skills as I
tried to up load a picture of sons lifted truck
for you to see and just could seem to get it.
Baskets would make great stocking suffers.

10Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:31 pm

You're right Pops, they do, and it did. I am the very grateful recipient of one of Uno's Basket Cases. I just love it! She really is amazing. The baskets (and Uno) are even more amazing in person. I love you

11Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:32 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by uno on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:33 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They are beautiful, uno!

13Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:48 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

SOrry Arctic, tried for close ups but Photobucket seems to shrink the pic quite a bit. I'm sure there is a way to make the picture bigger, but I am also told there is a way to type messages from my cell phone and guess what, can't do that either!

I would happily sell a basket to interested parties but hasten to add the cost of shipping is almost as much as the basket, which makes it a ridiculous idea. I had one weighed at the post office and the rate would be $8 - $10, give or take, depending on what province it was travelling to. I just think that's too much. However your kind compliments have made me feel quite good about myself! Except for ipf who called me a meanie (she knows me well!)

That little round ball...I got the bright idea I was going to make Christmas tree ornaments this way. Well that's one idea whose time has NOT come! I made that one prototype and ditched that idea pronto. So now I have a pointless, fabric ball floating around my sewing room. Sheesh.

14Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Maybe T-Bone gets a Christmas present this year! Very Happy

15Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm thinking a multitude of different color baskets for J when he works in the Big Red Behemoth. The bolts and parts could be all in color coded baskets!

16Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are absolutely GORGEOUS!
Ok, so maybe half a bajillion of them.
If you mailed them out now they would be here in time for the Spring Sale!
woohoo!

yOU COULD NEST THEM TOGETHER AND SHEND THEM OUT GREYHOUND,,,, HINT HINT.

17Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:They are absolutely GORGEOUS!
Ok, so maybe half a bajillion of them.
If you mailed them out now they would be here in time for the Spring Sale!
woohoo!

yOU COULD NEST THEM TOGETHER AND SHEND THEM OUT GREYHOUND,,,, HINT HINT.

Have yoo been shipping sum Kirshmus scheer too? Love that eggnog!

18Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:35 pm

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

hahahha @ that last post.

UNO those are SWEET. Im jealous. That takes talent.

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

19Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:42 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You know, many of us have kids as well as chickens. Imagine the use of them as a egg basket for the kids to gather the eggs or even as easter baskets!

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

20Uno is a basket case! Empty Re: Uno is a basket case! Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:07 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are beautiful and I agree with pfarms they would make awesome egg baskets for children! I bet they would sell like hotfire at easter, if you were looking for a sales idea, make a few small baskets and put some easter treats/stuffed bunnies/ or even colored easter eggs in them. Do holiday themed ones and people would snap them up even more so. I can see they would sell just this way also though!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum