Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help - sick chick?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help - sick chick? Empty Help - sick chick? Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:37 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

All chicks are doing well except for one. I saw her drinking and eating this morning for the first time (after dipping her beak a few times) but it looks like she is gasping for air/panting, very laboured breathing...I gently stroked her neck and no change. Crossing my fingers - it's one of my Lavender Orpington's Crying or Very sad - I only had 3 hatch! Any ideas? I really want to save her!

2Help - sick chick? Empty Re: Help - sick chick? Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Is she too hot? Have you got them on Superbooster? Sorry, I don't really know. I hope she's alright!

3Help - sick chick? Empty Re: Help - sick chick? Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:55 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

I just noticed her eating again, I have adjusted the lamp and everyone is comfortable at about 95 degrees. I have them on Otter high protein medicated starter. One minute she looks like she's gonna die and the next she is eating/drinking... confused

4Help - sick chick? Empty Re: Help - sick chick? Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:10 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

maddyfofatty wrote:I just noticed her eating again, I have adjusted the lamp and everyone is comfortable at about 95 degrees. I have them on Otter high protein medicated starter. One minute she looks like she's gonna die and the next she is eating/drinking... confused

yes maybe to hot? ehh...it always seems to be the most expensive birds... No

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

5Help - sick chick? Empty Re: Help - sick chick? Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:47 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

triplejfarms wrote:
maddyfofatty wrote:I just noticed her eating again, I have adjusted the lamp and everyone is comfortable at about 95 degrees. I have them on Otter high protein medicated starter. One minute she looks like she's gonna die and the next she is eating/drinking... confused

yes maybe to hot? ehh...it always seems to be the most expensive birds... No

She seems to want to be under the light regardless of temp. I have raised and lowered the light, do you think 90 degrees would be better? I know to lower the temp. 5 degrees every week but all the other chicks seem comfortable... scratch

6Help - sick chick? Empty Re: Help - sick chick? Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It sounds like a heat issue.Is the chick breathing better?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum