Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

banana squash for sharing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1banana squash for sharing Empty banana squash for sharing Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:01 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

My fave squash is banana squash that the grocery store sells pre-cut into pieces. They are HUGE! A local lady grows them and stores them in a cool room and brings them to the grocerystore as required. I like many kinds of squash, but this is my favorite.

Last time grocery store man karate chopped his way into one I got a few seeds. IF anyone is interested, I will mail a few. Google banana squash and see what you think and if your area would support the long growing needed.

2banana squash for sharing Empty Re: banana squash for sharing Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:39 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I could grow squash here, but I can't. I am not familiar with banana squash, I will have to keep and eye out for it. I like butternut squash the best. Makes a great soup!

3banana squash for sharing Empty Re: banana squash for sharing Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, we already talked, yep, I want some seed, smiling.

I googled it for everyone, sounds like it can grow from 10-70 pounds or something like that. And as Uno said, it usually is marketed cut up!! I can't wait to grow some of these monsters in our garden this upcoming year. I think we have a long enough growing season and it sure sounds interesting. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

check it out!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum