Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cold weather treats

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cold weather treats Empty Cold weather treats Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:17 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guess soon will the time of year (probably is for many us already) to think about something nice and warm for the bellies of our birds. Just thinking. Usually I don't bother, just give them the normal chicken scratch treats, but this year I think my heart has become more softened, smiling.

I have bags of bran (hope when I open it up that a bunch of flyee things come out, that was a bad experience about 30 years ago with a bag of bran in my cupboard, of all places!! I was a young gal, way back when, and was shocked out of my skin!!).

I think that a nice warm bran mash on some mornings for my birds would be a nice thing to do.

Tell me how this is done. Tell me what you might put in it, along with bran. Tell me what the method of cooking it. Or is it just warmed with hot water. I know nothing of bran, so bring this information on, and pleeeeeze, elaborate!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum