Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted to vent...

+16
Ruffledfeathers
Susan
uno
Piet
Dark Wing Duck
Amy
Fowler
KathyS
toybarons
debbiej
Arcticsun
Hillbilly
coopslave
heda gobbler
pops coops
KatuskiFarms
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good one Piet, 'Heated and Deleted', maybe that should be its own heading.

I think it's one thing for debate/discussion to get heated in the course of back and forth interaction. People are not going to agree all the time. And while we aim for respectful disagreement, it doesn't always happen. People say things that later they think, gee, maybe I was too hot when I wrote that comment. But when the pendulum swings too far in the direction of political correctness, moderating can veer dangerously close to censoring. I oppose censorship. Period.

I think when you start a site (says she who has never started one) you have to expect that you cannot police the diverse personalities that are going to show up. There is going to be clashing and head butting and that is the way it is. HOWEVER...when someone is obviously being a turd, rubbing salt in a wound and generally conducts themselves with antagonistic and divisive behaviour for the fun of it, that's not the same thing as heated debate. There is debate, then there is deliberate trolling. There are opposing positions, then there is trouble making. THey are not the same.

It is my humble opinion that TOO MUCH emphasis on nice-nice, is oppression. However we must not forget that we are Canadians and we set the global standard for polite and friendly, or so I've been told. Whenever I disagree with someone's point of view, I try to keep it about the subject and not personal. This can be tricky sometimes because let's face it, hard not to get personal when you know for a fact that Piet is raising genetically altered, freak of nature bunnies that are going to take over the world. WOrld domination IS kind of personal. BUt for the most part people try to conduct themselves with respect and dignity, but too much tippy toeing for fear of Heated and Deleted, is an insidious form of censiorship and I'm against it.

I think Katsuki is trying to determine the climate here. Can one emote, or will the swift hand of BAN come swooping down a deliver a whallop? She's testing the water. Fair enough.

27Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, I agree with you.

Also, perhapse you should be a little more polite and possibly subservient when discussing our potential Bunny Overlords.

All Hail the Bunny Overlords!

28Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well said Uno- man I wish I could express myself as well as you do!

29Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

She's definitely got the gift of gab! Wink

30Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

uno wrote: hard not to get personal when you know for a fact that Piet is raising genetically altered, freak of nature bunnies that are going to take over the world. WOrld domination IS kind of personal. BUt for the most part people try to conduct themselves with respect and dignity, but too much tippy toeing for fear of Heated and Deleted, is an insidious form of censiorship and I'm against it.

I think Katsuki is trying to determine the climate here. Can one emote, or will the swift hand of BAN come swooping down a deliver a whallop? She's testing the water. Fair enough.

Laughing Laughing And Arctic too, you make me smile. You may both come pick up one of these freaks at my place and I know you would love them in a hurry!

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

31Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

YAY!!!

I want the BIG ONE!

YAY!!!!

32Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh, I know off topic, but I like showing the nice monsters Twisted Evil [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

33Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

ooo OOOO! That One! The 25 foot tall one!!!!

34Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have this 1953 horror movie flashing thru my mind and I'm all for the bunny overlords. Very impressive!!

I to agree with what Uno has stated. Debate is good, respect is good, respectful debate even better. I feel it should be looked at as an art the art of conversation. Its what makes us human.

35Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty RE:Vent Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well, I came on this site yesterday still stinging from earlier, and here it seems that most members are familiar...hmmmm.? And some I had first noticed on ...you know it ... and haven't seen them around since Spring. So, I was sitting here at first thinking, oh great. But after taking the time to read some threads, and laughing at some of the banter I started to realize on my own that there must be something different in the air around here.
And I don't really want to gossip, just wanted to know "Is it just me, or what?"

So all this has eased my mind, but still... I'm still wondering how all the drama over there is tolerated or accepted by so many. I guess you don't realize the potential until it hits you personally smack-dab. cyclops

Anyways, ya'll sound wonderful and happy and fun-loving!

36Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:26 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

KatuskiFarms wrote:But after taking the time to read some threads, and laughing at some of the banter I started to realize on my own that there must be something different in the air around here.

Dang it! I told you guys we needed an air vent! That funny smoke just doesn't disappear!

37Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Piet wrote:Oh, I know off topic, but I like showing the nice monsters Twisted Evil [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like the forced perspective. You could have put a little car beside his foot. Laughing

38Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:18 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

What do you mean "forced perspective"?
Are you trying to say that this is NOT really representative of the Bun's actual size?

39Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

no no, they're real and quite dangerous.

40Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Venting Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 am

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Cripes... did you see that? pale Scariest thing imaginable.

41Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

KatuskiFarms wrote:
Cripes... did you see that? pale Scariest thing imaginable.

Just another day at Piet's place.

42Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:06 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

You should see the size of the carrots he has to grow!!! Shocked

43Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

GMO carrots!

44Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty RE: Venting Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well, all I can think about is how much sponsorship $$$ he could get from Monsanto if he played his cards right... There would be enough cash for Piet to build those new hutches he wanted; they'ed be the only rabbit cages large enough to be seen from space.

45Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

46Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

What a great photo Piet!! Cool

Uno: There he is!
Piet: Where?
Uno: There!
Piet: What? Behind the rabbit?
Uno: It *is* the rabbit!
Piet: You silly sod!
Piet: You got us all worked up!
Uno: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
Peit: Ohh.
Uno: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Uno: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Piet: Get stuffed!
Uno: He'll do you up a treat, mate.
Piet: Oh, yeah?
Piet: You manky Scots git!
Uno: I'm warning you!
Piet: What's he do? Nibble your bum?
Uno: He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!
Piet: Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!

Uno: I *warned* you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you *knew*, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?

Laughing Laughing Laughing I couldn't help myself... everytime I hear uno talk about Piet's killer bunnies I think of Monty Python... Laughing

47Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

LAUNCELOT: We have the Holy Hand Grenade.
ARTHUR: Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one
of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him! Brother Maynard!
Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
[singing]
How does it, uh... how does it work?
KNIGHT: I know not, my liege.
ARTHUR: Consult the Book of Armaments!

48Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Blackdove, easy there, step away from the Halloween candy...too much sugar makes you not right in the head. That's right, the candy is bad, BAD, it makes you talk funny. You just go sleep it off, you'll be alright in the morning. NO MORE CHOCOLATE FOR YOU!

(Piets rabbits ARE freaks, it's the truth! Creepy giant bunnies Shocked )

49Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:51 pm

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

LOL reading through this last page.. reminds me why im HERE Laughing You guys are hilarious

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

50Wanted to vent...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:07 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Rabbits are not rodents. . . and Uno is not Scots. These are facts. Beyond that, who knows?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum