Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted to vent...

+16
Ruffledfeathers
Susan
uno
Piet
Dark Wing Duck
Amy
Fowler
KathyS
toybarons
debbiej
Arcticsun
Hillbilly
coopslave
heda gobbler
pops coops
KatuskiFarms
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Wanted to vent...  Empty Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

...but everyone from there is here. Why is that? I want to know if other farm related forums are a forbidden topic on this site? Just having a quick glance over recent discussions and WCPS is having a lot of fun! I like it!

2Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't think so but negative and angry remarks should not should be left at the door, this is a very open and very welcoming site, with very good people. It is also a very interesting and fair site that does not judge, but I think it is like this, if you have nothing nice to say about a post say nothing at all.

http://www.popscoops.com

3Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh yes, I noticed that too. Interesting isn't it?

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We talk about other places and post interesting threads on other forums here all the time (well, I do at least). Pops is right, the feeling here is very positive and not dictator like at all. People get reminders sometimes, but I have never had a bad taste in my mouth here at all.
Welcome and enjoy!

5Wanted to vent...  Empty This site... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes it does seem pleasant and relaxing, just reading some of the topics, I don't think I'll need to be so paranoid about my postings. Contrary to popular belief I am actually a very nice person; an upstanding citizen who likes to contribute. I can't wait to get to know my way around WCPS for good this time. What do you guys call this forum for short?

6Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Our Administrator here is your normal forum administrator. No dictatorship here. No random post removals. We voice our opinions and are not smacked on the hand like a little non-conforming schoolchild. I like this place. Very Happy

7Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

At the same time, I prefer that drama from one forum is not dragged into another.

8Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:At the same time, I prefer that drama from one forum is not dragged into another.

I agree.

9Wanted to vent...  Empty Oh, right... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:41 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh, you felt like a little non-conforming schoolchild also? Glad I am not the only one. I don't understand why today happened the way it did, talk about heavy-handed. And I am not a mean person at all, would not slander any individual or post rude things etc. I will stick up for someone that I feel is being picked-on though; not afraid to voice my thoughts. And I do love a laugh...

10Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Deep breath....glass of wine....enjoy looking around here. Very Happy

11Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There's an easy solution. You find a place you like, and go there. The places you don't like, you leave. Simple. That's why I'm here now, and not there.

12Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:47 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I don't know what happened today, but to be fair, I have seen post disappear off of this site also.
Crying or Very sad sad to see people upset

13Wanted to vent...  Empty Venting... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:47 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

coopslave wrote:Deep breath....glass of wine....enjoy looking around here. Very Happy

Oh yes, this is exactly what I am going to do.

14Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I find that people tend to behave themselves better here than on some other forums. There is less need to moderate when people are not going out of thier way to cause trouble or stirring the pot. Especially intentionally.

15Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:55 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

KatuskiFarms wrote:Oh, you felt like a little non-conforming schoolchild also? Glad I am not the only one. I don't understand why today happened the way it did, talk about heavy-handed. And I am not a mean person at all, would not slander any individual or post rude things etc. I will stick up for someone that I feel is being picked-on though; not afraid to voice my thoughts. And I do love a laugh...

You are much better off here, yes respect is still needed, I think I know what the other forum is and they run in a couple clicks and make life terrible for others and yes there are people from both on here and yes they know what is said here but we know what is said there. This forum is open and most are great people but respect is still needed on any forum, this one is great.

Last edited by pops coops on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.popscoops.com

16Wanted to vent...  Empty venting... Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:57 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I guess the admin is there for a reason. Some things that are posted do not come out right, or are just plain not appropriate...So with that in mind I don't think it is a big deal. In reality I have NO CLUE what it must take to keep 2000 members posting away happily arguing with each other.
Because I try to be as considerate as my upbringing can allow, Smile I try to put thought and care into every thing that I type. This is to my advantage because can preview what is said before it comes out (unlike verbal communication where you really have to think on the fly..hahah) Anyhow, if something I typed is offensive, then remove it by all means. But, tell me why it was removed. I can not stand things being a mystery. Besides, if I have offended, and am unaware of the cause, how can I learn and prevent it next time?

17Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:11 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:
Arcticsun wrote:At the same time, I prefer that drama from one forum is not dragged into another.

I agree.

I second that flower

18Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you want to know why a thread was removed on another forum, you should ask on the other forum. It hss nothing to do with this one.

19Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:25 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, I agree that the recurring theme here is respect. Respect for difference of opinion, respect for different goals and reasons for raising livestock. Respectfully sharing knowledge with others who genuinely want to learn.

Hillbilly, you are absolutely right. If you don't like what goes on somewhere, you don't have to go there.I personally do not intend to spend any more of my time contributing to discussions that are regularly wiped away without warning.
I love having a forum like this for sharing information, making connections and just for the sense of community that comes from knowing others are dealing with similar challenges, and celebrating each other's successes.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

20Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:29 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Arcticsun wrote:If you want to know why a thread was removed on another forum, you should ask on the other forum. It hss nothing to do with this one.

Shocked

21Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:31 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:If you want to know why a thread was removed on another forum, you should ask on the other forum. It hss nothing to do with this one.

I think Katuski is more venting than actually expecting an answer.

22Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 am

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

^ I agree, and we all know how that goes on the other forum Cool

23Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:13 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

KatuskiFarms wrote:

Shocked

Its all good!

24Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I can see why KatuskiFarms wants to vent and it seems often that when something goes bananas over there it leaks to this place, because many came from there and realize the crap that goes on. As much as this should not be talked about on this nice forum, I might as well give my opinion anyway. That place has been a crap shoot for so long now, it is not worth your time over there, because every interesting topic get heated and then deleted! I don't know why I still check in there every now and again, but maybe it is because it used to be an alright place. But after seeing so many good people getting bashed and banned I have lost all respect for the people who run it.

I now apologize for my rant!!

Pistol Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

25Wanted to vent...  Empty Re: Wanted to vent... Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Hillbilly wrote: There's an easy solution. You find a place you like, and go there. The places you don't like, you leave. Simple. That's why I'm here now, and not there.

I think Curt said it best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum