Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APA Canadian National Poultry and Piegon Show

+5
CynthiaM
fuzzylittlefriend
mirycreek
cornel
viczoe
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just a reminder to everyone that enteries close this week for the National. Send them even if you think they will be late and then e-mail your entry to me or Dudley Deleenher if you think they may be late. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for email addresses

Also fot the banquet children 12 and under are half price I think.

We are having a silent auction of top quality birds at the show and some of the donated birds will be listed on the site soon if it's not there already. The silent auction will close at 4:30pm on the Saturday so you will be able to take the birds at that time or when you leave on Sunday. If anyone else has quality birds that they would like to donate to our silent auction let me know. I have donated a lovely pair of wheaten old english game the 2nd best pair I raised this year from my Blue wheatens and will be donating another top quality breed.

Money from the silent auction goes to help with the expenses of putting on an event like this. We are a small club with hard working members who have been working hard gathering donations to help with the expenses and lots going on ribbions are here, banquet ready to go, judges flights booked and on and on.

Also if you have not made a donation to your favorite breed or class and want too, let me know, all donations go to the winning exhibitors.

How many of you here plan to attend? We have and excellent slate of judges and have birds entered from as far as Ontario. Hope to see many of you there.

Heather

Last edited by viczoe on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.triple-h.ca

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

sounds like its going to be a great show Heather! i cant wait!
are you showing?
Cornel

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just sent in our entry today..I know Procrastination is not a pretty thing....we sent it xpresspost so really hoping it makes it Friday but that is a relief that we can email you the info so they get it for sure and then "the cheque will be in the mail".

I think Chantecler_eh? has 6 birds entered and I have 2.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

miry are you showing any barred rocks?
i am showing two cockerels and three pullets in the bantam white rocks
two cockerels and two pullets in the bantam buff Brahmas
a white bearded silkie hen and pullet
a large fowl welsummer cockerel and two pullets

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cornel I am showing though I am sure my birds will take a back seat to running the show but so beit. The more important thing is that everyone have a good time and get to see some great birds.

Miry not to worry it will make it.
So looking forward to seeing everyone.

Heather

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

well I sure hope it makes it there Heather, it would be pretty disappointing if we couldn't enter them after all.

No, no Barred Rocks this time Cornel...I am sending a Dominique pullet and a Dominique cock though.

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i have never seen a dominique, so it will be great to see them in real life!

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We will be there. Between Linden and I we have 12 entered. He has the random bantams and his standard buff laced polish pullet. I have two Mille fleur cockerels, two hens, two lf Cochin pulleys one black and white, and we each have a buff orphington pullet just for fun. I al not looking forward to bathing the huge white Cochin and trying to keep her clean! Any tips for the white birds would be great! I am borrowing the stand dryer from work so they should be nice and fluffy!

Anne
( and linden too)

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

bathing whites i first use dawn, then whitening puppy shampoo, hartz flea and tick shampoo, bluing (not something to experiment with on show birds! you can make them totally blue with a few extra drops) then vinegar to cut the suds.
bluing works great to get them clean, but i still have a showgirl pullet from the spring that is blue under the wings because i forgot to rinse her properly. the bluing step can easily be left out, i use it very sparingly.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with the caution on bluing...done that too once! Embarassed

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes no time to experiment with that! I will stick to the dish soap and I have a great dog whitening shampoo that I use on my white pony and his colour always comes out fantastic!

Getting a little nervous showing with the big time breeders!

But the point is to have fun right!

Anne

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Not to worry no big time breeders here just a bunch of folks who enjoy raisng purebred poultry and showing off the fuits of all that barn cleaning. All very approachable and really good folks.

Rico are you guys coming out? How about KLR, don't want to halve to bundle up those Sussex if I don't have too. and more importantly are you all showing.

Heather

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heather, thanks for the reminder, I'll get mine in the post today. Blah. My blue cochin rooster decided a little while ago that he was going to moult, he is about half way through it, not sure if he will make it to the show or not, there is a few feathers not looking so good on his neck. I guess I'll still bring him anyways, but a shame that he decided to do this thing, bad boy. The buckeye rooster is going to the soup pot, so he won't be making it either. But.....I have a pretty promising looking buff orpington cockerel and a couple of pullets, they are coming, smiling. Hopefully the blue cochin gal won't decide to moult, she looks pretty good, as far as condition.

Yes, this is gonna be a whole lotta fun. Now just some lessons on how to bathe a bird and then getting on hands and knees to ask my Son-in-Law if I can use his sink in his shop for the bath Cool . Still not sure how he will react. But....I can close the door to his actual shop and he won't even know what I am doing, a perfect deep sink, warm water, not sure where all the fluff and feathers will go, (gads, hopefully not into his shop area) when I blow dry Rolling Eyes .

Still trying to figure out how we are going to tell who is who in that zoo of people that will be there. I know some of yous, but most I don't, and I would really like to meet those that I don't. Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you heather! And yes everyone has been so helpful and informative at the other shows. Just a step up for us from the fairs. A big step!

Cynthia - I will be there with my sister whom I am told we look a lot a like and two small children. You will notice for sure a 4 1/2 year old curly haired boy sticking his hands in the cages of his babies to say hello to them!

Anne Very Happy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:I will be there with my sister whom I am told we look a lot a like and two small children. You will notice for sure a 4 1/2 year old curly haired boy sticking his hands in the cages of his babies to say hello to them!

Anne Very Happy

Well, if that doesn't just sound too cute!! Shouldn't be hard to miss, with that little fellow, his hands in the cages, smiling. have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

CynthiaM wrote:Still trying to figure out how we are going to tell who is who in that zoo of people that will be there. I know some of yous, but most I don't, and I would really like to meet those that I don't. Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

For another show someone had suggested name tags or homemade labels/buttons, etc. I'll be wearing a Harrop's Hens label. I'll also have a very tall husband and two young children with me. They will be the ones begging "Can we get some of this breed next year!!" "Dad can you build us a duck pond & house? How about a pigeon loft?" My children are very, very excited to come to their first show.

I would love to meet fellow poultry fanciers!! cheers

Jen

PS - Cynthia, you & I met over lunch last year, chilli I believe Very Happy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jen, yes we had lunch and it was chile, smiling, good memory, I wouldn't have remembered that, but when you mentioned it, wham, it came right back! I also remember that you carried that babe on your hip, bet that little rascal is running hoops around you now. C.U. there. have a beautiful day, CynthiaM. (and yep, I remember what you look like, kind of forgetful, but never forget a face, smiling).

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I will be attending the National! But sadly I won't have anyone ready to show. The adults just started a heavy moult and the young ones are still too young. But Heather I am looking forward to the Sussex and attending this show!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still trying to figure out what to use for ident.

I am thinking that perhaps something that just makes us stand out, like a red poppy, smiling. Perhaps wearing two red poppies, side by side, instead of one. Oh well, when we see each others eyes searching and searching through to the soul, as we walk past each other, saying to ourselves "is this an ACE member" then make that jump and just ask, Very Happy , gonna be fun, great and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cynthia we could post a sign made on that poster paper that says forum members meeting area, should someone want to make one and if we have an extra table I could put it up. I would but don't have the time as I have mega bathing(to many white birds) to do as well as going to Indy next week.

Heather

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

viczoe wrote:Cynthia we could post a sign made on that poster paper that says forum members meeting area, should someone want to make one and if we have an extra table I could put it up. I would but don't have the time as I have mega bathing(to many white birds) to do as well as going to Indy next week.

Heather

Oh, oh, oh!!! Good idea Heather. I will take on that duty and ensure that I get it made and off to the show in proper time, like when set ups are being done. I would love to do that. I think it would be a great idea and I could make a really pretty sign, smiling. So, leave that to me, I will take on this task. But not sure to how to help out with the table. I could set one up if it was given to me when I bring the poster.

So....WCPS family of ours.....when you go to the event, look for that table that indicates we are gonna be hangarounds that table, smiling. I know that ever time I see someone that is hanging around that table when I am there, I will make a point (I am so shy, this may be a difficult thing to do Smile ,) of running over (well, I might not run), but I will come over and introduce myself, or you can introduce yourself to me. I would love to see some faces put to the names that I am so familiar with on our forum.

Heather you stand out like a shining star!! What a beautiful idea, I would never have thunk of something like that, you got the brains, I got the skill to make a very pretty chickeny WCPS poster for chicken crazy people identification!! Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

Hmmmm....now my mind is in double time. I wonder what I could put on that table to make it interesting, besides a sign, we can't just have an empty table!!

Last edited by CynthiaM on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A big oops of mistaken identity, smiling that big smile)

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

viczoe wrote:Just a reminder to everyone that enteries close this week for the National. Send them even if you think they will be late and then e-mail your entry to me or Dudley Deleenher if you think they may be late. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for email addresses

Heather

Heather the link should be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that other one gave me a tough time!! Laughing

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks Coopslave for picking up my error. So much to do to little time for my pea sized brain. Again folks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Heather

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not to be a pain Cynthia but this is your warm, sweet, caring, knowledgable WCPS Family here. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Eee gads!! Thank you Jayme, I know where I am, smiling that big smile. I know, sometimes just my fingers take over and type what they just ding darn do, smiling that big smile again. I have two very important internet families that mean so much to me, I appreciate your little helping me out here, Smile . Do have that beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum