Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadian National Show

+5
CynthiaM
fuzzylittlefriend
mirycreek
coopslave
harrop'shens
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canadian National Show Empty Canadian National Show Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:22 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Well, my family had a wonderful time at the Armstrong show. Such beautiful birds and a huge effort for all the organizers. Unfortunately we had to leave before all the show champions were announced. Does anyone know what the final results were? I am so curious to see who & which breed won Grand Champion.

cheers cheers cheers A BIG congratulations to Cynthia for her stunning Blue Cochin hen winning best in Asiatic cheers cheers cheers

Cynthia - I so enjoyed talking with you again this year. Next year I hope we can have a tea together - I would love to get "schooled" on your bathing, despurring, and breeding experience Very Happy

Who else went? What birds did you take?

2Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:22 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I enjoyed myself too. Had nice converstions with Rico and krl.
Cynthia, I thought that hen was going to do well, I had to leave before she was judged. Your Orpingtons looked very nice and did well too.

I didn`t meet anyone else. Felt to silly walking up to people and asking, so I didn`t. I was hoping to meet a few of you, maybe next year. Rolling Eyes

3Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:35 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know Chantecler_eh? and his dad are almost home now. Sounds like they had a great time but I will let Chantecler_eh? fill you in on the details cos I don't know if I have it all straight... Surprised

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I felt so silly. I so desperately wanted to meet Poultry Swap people that I walked around with a yellow post-it note on my jacket saying "Harrop's Hens" & Jen on it. I even got really excited and totally embarrassed myself asking an exhibitor named "Ramona" if she was a fellow Poultry Swap member - a big NOPE!! She was lovely about it but I was sooooo very embarrassed. I went through 3 post-it notes because I would wear it, then feel silly and throw it away. I would love to have met you Coopslave, krl, Chantecler_eh? & Rico.

I also wanted to win Uno's painting. I bought $20 worth of raffle tickets Wink Maybe next time!

Last edited by harrop'shens on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would have liked to have met you too.
I was looking at the people with the name tags on, hoping to regonise a name and then felt foolish and stopped.
I was the one that kept going over to the Chanteclers and staring at them oblivious to every thing else. Rolling Eyes
I was there on Saturday, not today. I was there for quite a while, there were quite a few people there at some stages. Good to see.

6Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:01 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We were there. I did not get to see the final grand champions either. The kids were getting loopy!

We had reserve Asiatic champion with a black Cochin pullet. Cindi's hen was fantastic!

We also had best of breed & variety and the reserve as well from my Mille fleur d'uccle hens! It was the largest class I had entered in yet with them and was thrilled with the result!

Thanks for a fantastic weekend vppc!

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

7Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:03 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

This was a well thought out and prepared show, I can't even imagine the amount of work to organize something like that. Whole lotta poultry was in that building. What I thought was cool was the turkeys!! And the muscovy ducks!! And of course, well, everything else.

I didn't make a table sign, just didn't get around to it. I know, I know, I am the same way about meeting people, you don't want to go to each person and say, are you _____? I wished I had met more people, but didn't. The only people that I knew was Jen (Harrop's hens), Anne (Fuzzylittlefriend), Chantecler eh?, Blackcomb Belgians and Rosie C, I have never been introduced to Clayton, but have seen him. I am sure that there were other members, but I did not know anyone. I would have loved to have met the members that attended. Oh well, one year. I heard that Rico, krl, Coopslave and a few others were there, but did not know who they were. Blah, why does shyness overtake our souls?

Harrop's hens, did you get any pictures you can bring on our forum? I only took a few of mine and some of Tru North's, that was all. Maybe someone else will make a big thread with pictures. It was truly a most wonderful event -- so well done and organized.

Thanks to all the people that made this great event happen!! today you can rest. have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

8Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 am

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

we went. reserve breed white rock
best and reserve silkie
best and reserve brahma
best welsummer and champion Continental

anyone know who champion and reserve of show went to?

9Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:06 am

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

wow!!! i just seen i got reserve in show and best standard with a welsummer hen!!

10Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:34 am

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

sure had alot of fun this week end! got to meet and visit afew people, and got to see alot of very beautiful birds!! but i will remember to take my name tag next time! Very Happy

11Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry Steve, I forgot to mention I met you as well. I enjoyed hearing about your faverolles. I learned something new about them on Saturday! Very Happy

12Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

I went and had a great time, was really surprised to find that my white Chanty cockerel got Champion American and my Buckeye cockerel with Reserve Champion American, so that was really great. I made some new contacts and brought home some more birds, so well worth the trip.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

13Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

iv found some more info on show champions:

Best in show: Joe Mazur; bantam birchen modern game pullet
Reserve in show: Cornel Van Maren; standard welsummer pullet
Junior best in show: Cornel Van Maren; standard welsummer pullet
Junior reserve in show: Cornel Van Maren; white rock pullet
Champion Standard: CVM standard welsummer pullet
Reserve standard: Bruce Bickle; Light brown leghorn pullet
Best bantam by a junior: Cornel Van Maren; white rock pullet
Champion waterfowl: Omega Blue Farms: khaki campbell
reserve waterfowl: J&J Calls; white call old drake

14Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:53 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congrats Cornel!

You have some beautiful birds!

Anne Smile

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

15Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:36 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

thanks! heres a pic of her:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and heres a cockerel from my line
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

What did you take home Chantecler eh? I know with the three buckeye pullets you dropped off at my place, you had room for three to go back, smiling.

I really wish I could have met more of our friends here. Seriously, there must be a way for us to contact each other when we get there. I am too shy to go round asking. Hey, how about over the year next, making a thread that has each person's picture in it? Then we can imprint that in our heads and actually say hi and greet each other Very Happy . Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

17Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 am

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

cornel wrote:

hmm, I thought my white Chantecler won reserve champion junior, or is there one of those for bantams and standards?

Well, of course I had to take back more birds then I took out, brought home a trio of Rhode Island Red bantams and a pair of Barred Plymouth Rocks from Heather.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

18Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ethan, beautiful. Oh, did you take home the barred rock pair that she had entered in the show. I was totally amazed at how beautiful those two birds were. Your farm is going to have some really nice barred Plymouth rocks now to enhance lines, wonderful. Have a great day, CynthiaM.

19Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 am

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Chantecler_eh? wrote:
cornel wrote:

hmm, I thought my white Chantecler won reserve champion junior, or is there one of those for bantams and standards?

Well, of course I had to take back more birds then I took out, brought home a trio of Rhode Island Red bantams and a pair of Barred Plymouth Rocks from Heather.
hmm not sure! thats what Dudley told me! could be wrong!
barred rock standards?

20Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:08 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:Ethan, beautiful. Oh, did you take home the barred rock pair that she had entered in the show. I was totally amazed at how beautiful those two birds were. Your farm is going to have some really nice barred Plymouth rocks now to enhance lines, wonderful. Have a great day, CynthiaM.

Yes lucky me! I am so happy to be able to finally get that pair from Heather!
(mum had to get something for staying home and doing all the chores Very Happy )

My Dominique cock was placed 1st in his class and Best of Breed. My Dominique pullet was placed 1st in her class and reserve in Breed.

Which is kind of tough to get too excited about since they were the only Dominiques entered?! Laughing
And there were no comments of any type on the card which might have been helpful, however I guess I can conclude that they did not have any DQs (which is good) and the cock was obviously better type than the pullet..which was maybe a little disappointing as I was very happy with my pullet scratch study

I do feel good that they were exhibited in a National Show and were judged to be decent representatives of the breed!
(of which there are far too few around in my opinion as they are magnificent birds...) Smile

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

21Canadian National Show Empty Re: Canadian National Show Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Head Over Heels

Head Over Heels
New Here

Haven't seen my cards yet, but I was told my Bearded White Roo won over all the silkie roos, so am pretty pleased about that! Our Muscovy duck took 1st in her class (Way to go Ebony!!). Our Golden Phoenix roo won his class, but was the only Phoenix in the show, so thats seriously disappointing! And our doves took 1-4th respectively, so all in all we're pretty pleased with our first National show!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum