Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

heart failure and lots of swearing!

+2
samwise
coopslave
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1heart failure and lots of swearing! Empty heart failure and lots of swearing! Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I locked the birds up at dusk tonight I was missing my only wheaten Am cockerel and one of the older pullets. Lots of tantrum throwing and swearing brought hubby out of the house to find out what was happening. We looked in trees and bushes. It had me very confused as they hang very close to home, unlike most of the others! Rolling Eyes
I did find them, up in the rafters of the coop they are in, the only place up there to roost. Why don`t they just roost on the lovely ones I made for them? Stupid things had me all upset for nothing! Laughing
I am very glad for this happy ending. They may stay in for a little while, just to calm my nerves. Wink

2heart failure and lots of swearing! Empty Re: heart failure and lots of swearing! Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:35 pm

samwise

samwise

Well we don't keep chickens for their high IQ's do we? Laughing

3heart failure and lots of swearing! Empty Re: heart failure and lots of swearing! Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:08 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can count my chickens 10 times and come up with a different total every time. Sigh. Glad it was a happy ending.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4heart failure and lots of swearing! Empty Re: heart failure and lots of swearing! Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am really glad you found them. That has happened to me more than once. I did the same thing you did and kept them inside just for peace of mind. Lou

5heart failure and lots of swearing! Empty Re: heart failure and lots of swearing! Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

heda gobbler wrote:I can count my chickens 10 times and come up with a different total every time. Sigh. Glad it was a happy ending.
accurate counting of chickens everytime.
count all the legs and divide by two lol!

6heart failure and lots of swearing! Empty Re: heart failure and lots of swearing! Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ LoL, good one.

Whew, I’m glad you found them safe and sound! I had a missing chicken scare the other night myself. Actually it was just Lily who was missing. I found her sitting all nonchalant in the rafters of the barn after searching the yard in tears thinking she had become fox food. Silly old hen. *grumble*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum