Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

molting question

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1molting question Empty molting question Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So my d'uccle hens seemed to have had a mini molt after they snapped out of broody fever in the early summer. It seemed mostly just tail feathers at the time. They are now both in the past week dropping feathers on their bodies like madd!! I had planned to enter them in the national show but I would highly doubt they will be feather in again in 5 weeks! Can they molt twice? I have never yet seen them molt like this before usually its pretty seamless transition. The one banty hen had a pretty rough time at the IPE and was quite ill after. I had thought maybe it was a stress/medication induced molt but they are both doing it.

Any tips/advice on this?

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

2molting question Empty Re: molting question Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi Anne. cheers

I bought some hens from a place where they were getting picked on and their bums were completely bald! affraid After some time, in the new flock at my place, they recovered their feathers perfectly.

How are all those birds doing?

3molting question Empty Re: molting question Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:01 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They are doing well! The hens have recovered from their molt are looking good. The pullets have blended in with everyone else and are enjoying the run of the farm! Very Happy

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum