Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Molting??? Now? Why... Show is coming up soon.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

So I have been noticing that Darth Vader, and Big Mama, my two fav orps have decided to start to Molt... Big Mama is Hideous... and Vader looks rather sad right now... lol
They are Healthy as all get out, but look so rough. The rest of their coop mates are doing alright. Go figure.

They didn't molt this time last year, so I am confused, although I imagine that a molt can happen at almost any time.??

So with that being said I will most likely not be showing them, Sad But I have a few of their off Spring whom look promising.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny I am in the same spot. I bought a lovely pair of Barred Plymouth Rocks from Heather this summer and they are molting, very sad looking for sure. They are starting to grow some feathers back but not to the extent that would make them show worthy... I know how you are feeling. But good you have some offspring to show off.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hidden River wrote:Jonny I am in the same spot. I bought a lovely pair of Barred Plymouth Rocks from Heather this summer and they are molting, very sad looking for sure. They are starting to grow some feathers back but not to the extent that would make them show worthy... I know how you are feeling. But good you have some offspring to show off.

I swear Vader did this as Payback from his Bath he had... LOL
Either way worst comes down to it, there are always other shows, to show my orps if I choose not to show the offspring.

I would really like to show one of my Turkeys. I am positive he is a Bronze, technically belongs to my Father, he knows more.
Just a big fellow.
Oh and I have offspring from the Award winning Tom I got from Vicky Coleman, I was thinking of entering one or two Narragansett Toms as well.

Decisions Decisions. Very Happy

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just remember everyone is in the same boat as you, with the slow molt...

I have some hens that almost look rumpless, thankfully they still have a bit of time to hopefully finish the molt.
I am entering most of them anyway as I want to see what the judge thinks of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum