Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird chicken hiccup sound?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Weird chicken hiccup sound? Empty Weird chicken hiccup sound? Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:51 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Well, a couple of my young birds and a meat bird, every once in awhile make this weird squawk sound when they are drinking. They crane their head up high and squawk. It is the weirdest sound. Is it a hiccup or a cough? I would love to get a video of it but it is so sporadic.

Any ideas?

2Weird chicken hiccup sound? Empty Re: Weird chicken hiccup sound? Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would think it is water going down the wrong hole. Kind of like us when we cough after drinking something that ends up a bit down our windpipe.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Weird chicken hiccup sound? Empty Re: Weird chicken hiccup sound? Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ Yep, I do this all the time...drives my hubby crazy. Razz

4Weird chicken hiccup sound? Empty Re: Weird chicken hiccup sound? Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:00 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, that is a weird sound, know exactly what you are taking about, they do it with water sometimes, and sometimes when they are eating stuff, any stuff, particularly when they are trying to gobble up the scratch that I throw as a treat.

Best way I could describe it is:

PEA-CAW

sounds just like that, probably the same sound you heard, smiling. have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

5Weird chicken hiccup sound? Empty Re: Weird chicken hiccup sound? Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Bahahaha Flicker Chick!!! drunken

Cynthia, that is exactly the sound!! PEA-CAW! I was so worried that something was wrong with them. It is the funniest sound. lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum