Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sport killing, SOP killing.

+10
k.r.l
Blue Hill Farm
Fowler
coopslave
toybarons
'lilfarm
nuthatch333
Schipperkesue
chickeesmom
uno
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Sport killing, SOP killing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sport killing, SOP killing. Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:37 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wow
Sorrry
I didn't mean preaching, I was really annoyed at losing my post. I was really tired. I was enjoying the conversation. Sorry uno I really didn't mean to say preaching "targeting" would have been a better word. I was writing in my post (that I lost) that we on this site all care about animals we wouldn't be here otherwise. I get very angry at the poor treatment of animals commercially and I wish more people would speak out about it. But hear on this site I just don't think animals get mistreated.
Again sorry Uno I was just tired and frustrated that I had spent the time to write a reply and lost it.
my apologies.

27Sport killing, SOP killing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sport killing, SOP killing. Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There is no comparing at all in breeding to standard and cockfighting.
I will just leave the cockfighting alone, but have to put in my two cents for breeders. Without an SOP we would have nothing to work with. What is wrong with choosing mates instead of letting them choose it for themselves, even in some human religions it is done so. If we were to leave all animals just recreate, simply because they deserve to is insane. Us humans are controlling these poultry breeds ever since the Red Jungle Fowl has been tampered with. Unless all your birds run freely, without your nurturing soul being there to feed them what they need and give them shelter, you are already controlling the "breeding program". And if that is still wrong, you need to stop breeding anything and just let all the ones left to live and die from old age. To let a flock of Speckled Sussex just have at it and the other coop with Australorps doing the same thing is not letting natural selection take place. Let them all loose, all breeds you have together, let them loose and do not feed them. They should fend for themselves and find their own mates while dodging predators and looking to feed their needy big bodies at the same time. That would be more like natural selection and you will soon find out that most all breeds are too far domesticated and dumb to survive like this. Unless you have Dutch bantams of course, they are like pheasants and survive well. Imagine no SOP for dogs, no Boxers no Pugs no Bloodhound or German Shepherds anymore, only a mix of different dogs. Dog breeders cull heavily also, X-rays and other health checks for potential show stock and neutering for the non breed stock. Most all breeds were created with a purpose in mind and the commercial hybrids have taken over due to there economic performances are superior to the heritage breeds. Without fanciers that want to keep the heritage breeds "alive" the breeds would disappear and we could just fold this whole hobby and go golfing instead.

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum