Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mastitis Question

+7
Echo 1
lady leghorn
fuzzylittlefriend
Hidden River
Karaandblue
Schipperkesue
Sweetened
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Mastitis Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Mastitis Question Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:36 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sweetend, how awful. I pray those tests come back negative. That would be such a loss financially and emotionally. We are so bonded to our animals...absolutely crushing

52Mastitis Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Mastitis Question Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:Apparently he is unaware of the definition of "chronic".  What a moron.

Ditto!

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

53Mastitis Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Mastitis Question Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:55 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Kinda erks the turtle when people lie thru their teeth and then don't even have the brains to be smart about what they say. I hate it. I use to go to school with a girl who would lie thru her teeth and then in the next sentence you would catch her in that 1st lie. She used to drive me nuts because she still does lie like a thief. Spends more time trying to figure out how not to do something. This guys sound much like her.

I'm glad to see you have made it thru this episode fairly unscathed.

I feel bad about the other lady. Keep us updated about how she makes out.

54Mastitis Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Mastitis Question Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

He has Candy back up for sale. I created a mock persona and messaged to confirm. The bale she's eating off of appears to be straight straw =/ I reported him to kijiji.

55Mastitis Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Mastitis Question Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:04 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

He needs to be reported to the SPCA and charged! Because it is cruel to animals, plus a total scam! But somebody seriously needs to put a warning

on kijij regarding a farmer selling sick dairy cows. No names, just general area.

What a creep!!!!

56Mastitis Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Mastitis Question Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:45 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So the tests came back. It's pretty run of the mill Mastitis. The numbers on her cow, despite the damage, weren't high but very persistent. Vet said the infection, for whatever reason, is resistant to all standard forms of treatment for that strain, so they are figuring out what to treat it with and then will do so aggressively. It is extremely resistant to erythro, which would explain why when I treated with it, the lumps would clear, milk would turn to salt water and then be good for a day before going back to the same old same old.

At least it means I can get back to looking for a bottle heifer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum