Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Question: Why do...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Question: Why do... Empty The Question: Why do... Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:39 am

Why do you write?

I'm always curious of what it is that draws people to write.

2The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's like a sieve to catch my thoughts...otherwise they just disappear like frost melting in the sun!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 am

Here one moment , gone the next
best to be written , then to lose the best
Memories are short , time fleeting

4The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:18 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Why do volcanoes erupt?

My writing (which mostly does NOT happen here) is an eruption, a bursting forth, a breaking at the seams, of everything in me. I write so that I don't explode. Then, after the shock waves have subsided, I take what I have written, crumple it in a ball and toss it in the furnace.

My writing is not creative as much as a purging. I have kept journals on and off over the years, but they are not records of events as much as explosons of intense emotion. It occured to me that much harm could be done should I suddenly drop dead and the wrong people get their hands on these journals. THey were not written in context, but in the heat of the moment, and I would no longer be around to explain them...so I threw years worth of written angst into the furnace, to protect the innocent. (not me!)

Here on this site I do indulge every now and then in an explosive outburst...and invite others to toss their own sticks in the fire. My writing needs (or I need) an interactive audience. I like feedback, discussion, diverse viewpoints, debate. I am guilty of making posts that are in no way related to chickens or farming. I try not to do it too often. But every now and then...the eruption of words happens.

I write...or the pressure would cause shifting of tectonic plates and much destruction. It is my safety valve and it's that or....KABOOM!

5The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:18 am

I write because I feel something passionately in that moment. Writers block stifles me and makes me feel blurry in the way a head cold does, and I've been fighting writers block for over four and a half months.

I find I get very angry with myself when I write, mind you, because it's never 'good enough.'

6The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:35 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

You are too harsh a critic. I don't think any writer likes what they write. That's why I burn mine.

7The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think everyone on this forum should call themselves writers because after all that is how we "talk" around here. And likewise Sweetened, I think that is a very common feeling because we can never quite get what we have in our heads down onto paper(or screen), but I guess we can but keep trying... Smile
I recently started a blog of my own and found that it gives me a reason to flex my writing muscles every day or so with no worries about judgement on my entries because my sister is my only follower! study

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

8The Question: Why do... Empty Re: The Question: Why do... Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

I write...because there are worlds inside my head? I see something inspiring, a cloud formation, a certain colour, a smell, and it turns into a lot more than that. Mostly I write for entertainment, though on occasion I'll do something more "literary"

For those of you who critique yourselves too hardcore, I sugest NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. It has a spiffy website and everything. The basic premis, is to aid people who would "Like to someday write something, eventually, when I have time." The goal is to write 50,000 words in one month (November). Theres no prise, other than a certificate you can download. You could write one word 50,000 times, its just calculated with a generic word counter when you submit your final product. The point is to motivate people into just...writing. When you have a quota of 50,000 words, you stop thinking about if the story is good enough or not. Its very cleansing, and the best feeling in the world when you can say you did it. There's also a Novel Editing Month (dont know as much about this one, as I HATE editing Smile Anyway, highly recomend it, at least once.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum