Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

rooster help please-**you can remove this if you like-rooster dead**

+4
uno
Schipperkesue
smokyriver
bigrock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

oh good news Bigrock. glad to hear.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

That scabbing of the skin is the sure-fired sign that it is the northern or red mite, probably northern. From all I have read, it is the mites that suck the blood and irritate the skin so such a horrible degree to cause this yellow scabbing, and it can be reddish too. I saw that when I had the northern mite issues. I really believe that you had northern mite, even though you did not see many black dots. When I had those infestations, I did not see many black dots moving on the skin of the bird, but the feather shafts, oh those feather shafts.....northern mite Bigrock, I am positive (lice too, cause you did see them, they are very easy to see). Get some feathers from the area on the back of the bird just behind the legs and have a good look to see.....get some pictures, if you can, when you have time, if not, absolutely no worries. I think you got northern mite and the topical applications have caused mite death. have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I had mites the stabbing was more dark brownish. If I picked at it, the bird curved her head around and nibbled at my arm...like a reaction to the itch I was scratching.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum