Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temp just dropped 3 degrees...

+6
karona
heda gobbler
Hidden River
HigginsRAT
authenticfarm
coopslave
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:02 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

feeling very much like snow out there. Going to have something to eat and then get my butt out and finish the pens and set up the water heaters.

2Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy Very Happy 

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:52 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

4Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:29 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very cool here again this am, after two beautiful days I guess I have to put up with a cool day or two. Still so much to do here as well but not much ambition to get out and do it...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 pm

We woke up to snow for the third day now , it still melts .......but it's a shock looking out in the morning and seeing the ground white , NOT READY YET !! Some areas southeast of where we live had up to two inch's the other day , yesterday it snowed so hard for about a hour that you couldn't see a half a mile , it all melted but !........................it's coming , were getting enough warnings I think . Sorry I had wanted to keep that to myself , just know how much everyone likes the four letter word

6Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:46 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Daytime high this week is close to 20C and completely windless, cloudless, - just gorgeous even if nights are cold. Forecast has the picture of unbroken sunshine for the foreseeable future (too bad we REALLY need some moisture) but by Monday the daytime high is forecast to be 4C. WHAT? No forecast about the wind. Bet it comes in on a brisk North wind too!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

7Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:59 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Today has been beautiful blue sky temp about +15
Spent the day outside filling in chicken roll holes
with manure from the pile hoping that will stop them
from making ankle twisters on my path to the barn.
I even took some manure and peat moss made
a little area under the tree at the driveway head
and planted some bulbs. Also removed all the branches
on the tree up to about 6 ft. they were dead due to
goats and llamas eating them. So now my little
flower bed will get more light.
Not sure if the bulbs will make it but that's what
I get for buying them so late.

8Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, it ended up being not a bad afternoon. Cleared up and was sunny, just very, very windy. Everyone keeps warning me about it so I might as well get used to it I guess. Nice to see the sun with the wintery morning we had.
Was going to go get the horses this weekend, but I may wait a bit more. Who knows.

9Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:44 pm

gubi

We woke up to white ground this morning too in Midwestern Ontario.

10Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

snow here as well for the last couple of days. Today just got up to 3, I am so not ready for this!

11Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:23 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

This all just sounds very yucky! I believe we will be joining the 'snow club' on Sunday. Yucky!

12Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So. . . where (approximately) are you now? I assume you told us all a while back, but, if so, I missed it, and your sign-on stills says Beaverdell, BC.
Looks gorgeous!

13Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:32 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will fix that ipf.....

14Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

The secret with wind is to have your ears covered. The dogs hate it - maybe they need hats too?

No forecast for ANY precipitation here. I'm almost wishing for some at this point....

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

15Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Empty Re: Temp just dropped 3 degrees... Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

was a stunningly lovely day here today. we are surrounded by larch gone yellow, so much everywhere that is is almost as if the air is golden and we breathe wealth! so still, magical to look out through the trees and see the insects in shafts of light with gold bouncing off them - heady and like a fairy tale. Probably up to 15C - the ski hill which is 20 min drive away is still without snow. I am sure it is not far away though. Water is always frozen in the morning in outside tubs so if there were that precipitation heda is talking about I expect it would come down in the night as s . . w.pale 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum