Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pumpkins/ squash

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pumpkins/ squash Empty Pumpkins/ squash Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]two not as large as they can be squash in the front, a few melons as well  as a watermelon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
These squash all came off of the same plants ? someone was messing around me thinks

2Pumpkins/ squash Empty Re: Pumpkins/ squash Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:21 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Look Good I hope to grow some next year

3Pumpkins/ squash Empty Re: Pumpkins/ squash Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks , the larger squash as well as the pumpkin I barely could lift into the wheel barrow , might have too weigh them  Will be3 saving seed for next year .............they get a whole lot bigger ,

4Pumpkins/ squash Empty Re: Pumpkins/ squash Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sticking my tongue out at you and making the traditional vibrating noise that goes along with it. Trying to make you feel bad for something you have done well and that I am terribly jealous of!! Pfft!
Very nice, I love pumpkin and squash and can not grow them here.....

5Pumpkins/ squash Empty Re: Pumpkins/ squash Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yah exactly what Coop says!  our gardening sucked this year blah last year we got a couple little ones but nothing at all this year.  Pulled tons of green tomatoes because we lost alot to squishiness from cold and we even had them covered Sad   Going to have to buy pumpkins this year since we got none

I'm soooo jealous of your lovely squash and melons!

6Pumpkins/ squash Empty Re: Pumpkins/ squash Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:18 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice melons! Wink

I love a good squash. And pumpkin, yum!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

7Pumpkins/ squash Empty love your squash selection Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:41 am

jocelyn

Oh, definately, save seeds.  That is such fun, you never know what you are going to get.  Smile Smile Smile   If you see two that you think might make interesting babies, just put a piece of yarn around the bloom you want to be the momma about a day before it would open on its own.  Go get some pollen with a Q tip from the intended poppa, then untie your momma blossum and  dab on the pollen.  Tie the end of the bloom shut again, and wait.  Mark that squash as it grows and save seed in the fall....lots of fun.  Squash only come in 2 or 3 kinds...all the buttercups, hubbards and kuri will make seeds together, all the acorns and their buddies will make seeds....just not with the buttercups and hubbards.  You can look up C. pepo, C. maxima and get a variety list, so you know what you can plant together. Have fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum