Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Metzer Farms ?

+3
DLC
SerJay
Amy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Metzer Farms ? Empty Metzer Farms ? Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Does Metzer ship right into Canada by Air ? I would love to do an order next year if they do.

2Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:28 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh Amy, no tempting me please!!! I'm weak and that would be just too tempting!!!!!

3Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:25 am

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Does anybody know ?

SerJay you know you need more birds Very Happy

4Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:33 am

DLC

Everything I have heard about about importing birds says no. I think you have to physically carry the birds across the border. It would be so much easier than driving over the line and driving back through customs.

5Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:30 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I read somewhere else that yes metzers is one of the very few that flies birds right into Canada. There should be info on their website Smile

6Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

It says on their website they will fly birds but canadians and people from mexico can drive across the border to pick up, so you may need to phone them for clarification. If you do an order, and they will fly them, I would maybe be interested in going in on the order with you. I would like to get a few goslings and ducklings.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

7Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There was someone on another list that has had, I am sure it was Metzer, fly the birds directly to the Calgary airport. They di explain about what they need to do and what they had to bring to the airport but only a very few folks will Metzer do that for. AND I think if you ask Metzer's they will tell you no.

There isn't a vet inspector at the airport that I am aware of, which of course doesn't mean there isn't one. You need to cross at the border, before you bring livestock into Canada, that the papers are in place. Wouldn't do much good to bring in livestock and then onces it is already on the Canadian soil find out it is carrying some disease.

You can send an email to Metzer's but I bet they tell you to pick them up at the border. But that's the worst they will tell you, I mean you can still order from them you just need to drive to pick 'em up.

8Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am aware that they ship to the nearest boarder and then are to be brought across the line with all the paperwork, I had horses brought up before. I just thought I heard somewhere that they will fly them right into Canada. It wouldn't be a small order and it would have to be flown here, I think I am about 18hrs from the boarder. I will contact them and see.

9Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wow, they are fast. They say they can ship by air into Canada and do on a regular basis. Who's in for next year ?

10Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I did an order with metzers this year and YES they ship right to Canada. All you need is an international airport.

11Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Also want to add that they ship for anyone, not just "certain people". I called in Feb to place my order, they were very helpful.
They charge you for your order only, you pay shipping to the airport. They tell you shipping is between $100-$200 so budget for $200 to be on the safe side. The airline also charges a small fee, $10 ish. My total shipping to Regina was $148 but the guy waved the airline fee cause I am so sweet ...LOL
You need to go to the airline cargo when they arrive and get the paper work. You then take the paper work to customs at the airport (Air Canada knew my birds were coming so they let customs know ahead of time). Customs approves the health papers, you then take the papers back to cargo. You then pay the shipping and your on your way.

A piece of cake Very Happy

My order was shorted Super Dewlap Africans and we got no Sebs. However we got everything else. Dawn even got her Pilgrims.

If you have any questions let me know and I will answer what I can.

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

12Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thank you PC! That is exactly was I was looking for Very Happy

13Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thank you PC! That is exactly was I was looking for Very Happy

14Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That does sound easy...almost too easy! Uh oh, tempation calling... Laughing I will have to check out their website and see what they have.

15Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker I would think you are best to wait until next year, I would think most things are sold out.

I forgot to mention the health papers, you pay $65 for them. It's added to your order and you pay Metzers for it.

16Metzer Farms ? Empty Re: Metzer Farms ? Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the heads up PC. I didn’t realize Metzers sold mostly waterfowl. Nice looking birds though. Maybe by the time next spring rolls around I’ll be set up and ready to try my hand at some ducks. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum