Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Nerve of Some People...

+11
CynthiaM
Blue Hill Farm
islandgal99
smokyriver
triplejfarms
Prairie Chick
HigginsRAT
Hidden River
lady leghorn
uno
Jonny Anvil
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Nerve of Some People... Empty The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,
I am steaming and rightfully ticked off. I very rarely get upset to the point where I am shaking, but this has really topped the cake for me.
I feel I was unjust fully, attacked and insulted by this individual over on Small Farm Alberta Buy/Sell/Trade.
Maybe it's just me, but I am very disheartened by this, this rude uneducated individual has insulted my efforts.

Lately is seams that all sorts of people are insulting my efforts??? What gives?

I posted a clear and understandable post informing the quality of my birds I had for sale, and was not expecting the RUDE private conversation that ensued, let alone the person to make the public comments that they did?

I asking those that know me to take a look and help me understand this better, Am I loosing my mind or was this just uncalled for?
Yes I know this is facebook, but really?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Sorry for your trouble Jonny.
That FB group is closed so you'll have to copy it here if you want others to read and comment.

Cheers.

3The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

It was deleted thankfully,

But here is what I had saved.....

Jonathan Samis
Hey Everyone,

I have decided that I want to part with my Breeding Flock of Buff Opringtons.
They are over 1 year old.
They are not show quality, but I have shown a few of the hens and they are still very good quality birds.

I believe honesty is the best policy....
This group is looking rough, the hens need a break from the rooster as they are barebacked due to aggressive breeding. I have not been able to separate them, they get rather distressed when not together as a group. I didn't get saddles to protect the backs, my bad.
The hens I have noticed they have been pulling out the tail feathers and neck feathers on the rooster as well, but are not eating them. Rooster's comb damaged by frost bite / fighting.

Other then their scruffy and ruffed up appearance, they are healthy otherwise.
VERY lively & energetic, feathers will grow back.

The hens lay a very good sized light brown egg!

Asking $125.00 (Sold as a Group Only)

Like ·  · Unfollow Post · 19 hours ago
*********** likes this.

Norman Depeel man, I go to work for 5 minutes and miss what I was watching for!
18 hours ago · Like

Jonathan Samis The Interested individual Back out, They are back up for Sale Asking $125.00 Firm.
2 hours ago · Like

Norman Depeel I'll take them. How many do you have and where are you?
about an hour ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Samis There are 4 hens and 1 rooster, I am in Strathcona County, close to Hiway 21 south of Hiway 14. Yourself?
about an hour ago · Like

Norman Depeel Watch out on this deal
29 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Samis Norma Depeel, your less than Rude Comments in PM was uncalled for.
28 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Samis Norman Depeel
Where is that esso located.I could meet at the glen park turnoff from guest 21
Sorry your asking too much.I thought there was 6 hens.

12:47pm
Jonathan Samis
Asking too much???, these are some of the best quality Orpingtons in Alberta.
Perhaps read the entire post or look at the pictures before you make a public verbal agreement committing to taking them.

12:50pm
Norman Depeel
Really????? I didn't realize that bending over and taking one was a good thing to do

12:51pm
Jonathan Samis
Excuse me??
Bending over an taking one Really?
27 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Samis That was our conversation Everyone.
26 minutes ago · Like

Norman Depeel Dude, what are you saying? Your selling overpriced beat up birds claiming the best in the country.
26 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Samis This is why I posted in my Ad SERIOUS inquires only. Your are publicly insulting not only myself, but the breeder of these lines. I have no time for individuals in like yourself looking to insult our efforts.
25 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Samis Yes they are beat up, feathers grow back. They have been with a rooster, it's all stated above if you took the time to read.
22 minutes ago · Like

Norman Depeel Buyer beware. The culls of his breeding stock.
19 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Norman Depeel He just threatened me with his lawyer. I can hardly wait
15 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Samis Wow,
10 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Samis I can't believe the nerve of some people. Thank you for showing your true colours. I am glad they are not going with you. Please don't comment any more.
9 minutes ago · Like

4The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:25 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Facebook should be called Facelessbook. And it's that Facelessness that brings out the very worst humans. Note that I did not say it brings out the worst in humans, but it often brings out the worst humans. Big difference.

Horse Daughter does lots on public selling, posting ads, and wow, the people she has encountered! Makes me think Mother Earth can't fry us into oblivion fast enough because on the whole, we have very little to recommend us.

This person is entitled to their opinion. But dignified discourse between two, reasonable, mature and respectful adults means if he wants to talk to you about the appearance of your birds and offer you a lower price, this should be done privately.

I am sorry this happened.

5The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:34 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh boy, that is ridiculous!!! I don't do facebook, but that is not only rude but untrue. When you sold me my hen "zebra"

You explained that she too had been in with a very active rooster, same one I think. He seems to be a busy boy, lol Anyway

she too had back feathers missing, less so when I picked her up in Millet and a lot less now ( no rooster) She's looking real

good now and I am thrilled with her. These aren't culls, they are the result of a "very" Randy Rooster. lol. Smile

No problems with fertility there! But there's always someone that comes out of the woodwork to hassle who ever happens to

catch their eye. Apparently your ad did Jonny. I'm very sorry to read this, because it couldn't be more untrue.

Ignore it and carry on. You don't need or deserve people like that in your life! No 

6The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is always someone Jonny to spoil your mood. Don't put too much effort in to this fellow he is not worth your time.
I sold 3 batches of birds last year, they were mature breeders, had missing feathers like yours and some were even molting at the time, I was truthful with the people up front (Like you) and they all seemed fine with it.
Well I got two wonderful phone calls this spring complimenting me on the birds I sold the people, how healthy they were and how happy they are with them now that they have feathered in, one lady even put her name on the list for more and also ordered chicks from me.
The 3rd person sent me an email saying how nice the birds were, how they laid almost every day and the let into me on how cruel I was that I would leave a rooster in the pen and harm the chickens the way I did. WHAT? Like you said they are feathers, they will grow back. I do keep an eye on them and have been fitting a few with the chicken saddles I got from Miry, but to outfit my entire breeding flocks just isn't possible...
I am sure you will find a buyer that will appreciate the birds you have (under the outer appearances of a few missing feathers).

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

7The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:50 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

8The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thanks Very Happy 
I see that I wasn't in the wrong.

I usually have good dealings with people for the most part, I have decided that I will only be posting my birds for sale within the respected community boards, and my personal facebook page.

I wanted to bring this forth to others, not to whine and complain, but to see if I was the only one seeing this slanderous and potential defamation of my reputation as a breeder of healthy quality birds.

The private conversation I had with them continued on after what I shared above, but there is no way I could post what was said, between the two of us. I did threaten them with my lawyer, cause of the harassment. They started to message my email account, they called my home number, I spent a bit of time blocking this nut.

So now that it's over, I can just shrug it off as Even a blind Squirrel finds the odd nut!

9The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

HigginsRAT wrote:Hmmm....the best medicine is to laugh...no harm came to the chickens, I'd be way relieved in that fact alone!

I would be more inclined to cite that people such as this have no nerve and are complete cowards trying desperately to be noticed.  I would suggest playing in heavy traffic might be more of a rewarding hobby for them.  Suspect    

I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Why how very talented and valiant of them to beak off on mug mag.  WOW, gutsy move...What courage and bravery does it take to post nasty words sitting in your underwear from down in your mother's basement?  I know that I would be impressed all to heck. confused 

Jonny, we have all been here before.    

Sometimes there are people that the only thing they prefer is to argue with someone.  Don't give them a person to exchange insults with.  Say simply, "No" and leave it at that.  No reasons, no words past NO.  No means no, move along or do you need a cattle prod to speed you exit up?

If only closed minds came with closed mouths.

If given words past NO, they can manipulate and twist them to stab back.  And in your back is all they will attempt because for the most part, these trolls have no life but to be envious of yours.  Be happy no birds found their misery in their possession.  Be happy you never had to witness these kinds in person.  Oh my cyclops

They are not worth the skin they are in.

I've found the key to happiness, steer clear of bad mannered persons.

What you see is what you get. Period.

This supposed buyer was never a buyer.

I love the sound you make when you shut up.

You were open and honest as a seller and the conversation should go no further than, "for sale" with these stipulations, and you were honest and open about the birds even explaining them regarding their feather conditions.  This person is too ignorant to offer a decent home...move along...Bzzzt!  

Thank dog it ended where it did...thank duck the birds are not in his possession.  It ends here.

Bzzzt Bzzzt!

Nothing brightens up a room like your absence.

It would seem that these types lurk in dingy cracks awaiting to come out once something or someone comes along with read good business to accomplish.  They toy with your time simply to amuse them in their pathetic existences.  Nothing much going on in Mom's basement except maybe the sewer has back up and it wreaks...

Trying to understand the behaviour of some people is like trying to smell the colour 9.

Head held high, turn on your heel.  For to engage them is to stoop to their level and then the dog pile of like minded morons may begin at your expense.  No means no...not interested in the likes of you...move along...BZZZT BZZZT

You have nothing to prove to anyone because those that truly know you...know you for you.  Good enough.  I love you

Silence is the best reply to a fool.

I hope that by wading through all these tides of inconvenient human idiots, you end up finding a good home for your worthy flock.  The birds are worth the effort, now if we could only truly ignore the summer flies as they hop about to bother all of us on our important missions.   Razz

Oh l00k...fly's dead...had nothing to feed off of...poor pathetic life!  Hmmm, was that sound the fly or me putting the cattle prod to good use...hmm...never say...never...

Tara

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies...but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King

Oh Tara,

You made my day,

It's all advice that I believe in, I guess I just got caught up in their sneaky slimy trap.
I didn't get pulled to far in their crap, I left my last comment I'm not allowed to talk to Strange Men, Bye!

10The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

11The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Smiling now...

Well I am off on the road any who...

have a coop to deliver today!

Up up and .... oh look Lemonade!

Aaaawayyyyyyy!

12The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Please don't let this arse taint your personality.  You were honest about the flock and that is the most important thing.

13The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:45 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I really really have to bite my tongue on some of the facebook groups, especially some leduc ones the women get so catty on them, this guys a jerk, obv has something. Up his arse to be talking to you like that.... :/ glad its deleted....

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

14The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Johnny if these are your culls can you put me down for your next batch of culls? Lol. Don't let people like him wreck your mood or day!! There are always those people who will try to push your buttons!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

15The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Another reason I'm not on FaceBook..........but sorry to hear that you had to go through this sort of Crap !

16The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:27 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Looks like a troll to me. A troll is a person who has nothing better to do than stir up crap. A paid troll is a shill. I learned about trolls and shills recently when I unknowingly engaged with them on a totally unrelated topic. They love to keep stringing you along with no intent of buying or participating, and then slam you with insults. I bet this person has a history of doing this. They are a sneaky and deviant part of society that loves this sort of behavior. Lesson I learned?  Don't engage, just say sold and start over on another site. I'm surprised nobody here scooped your beautiful experienced birds!!!!

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

17The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Yeah I am not planning on advertising birds for sale on there ever again.

I'd rather take them to private sales, reputable auctions or list them on the the poultry boards.
Lesson learned.

Facebook is a great social networking tool, but it is also full of Unsociable tools.

18The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

islandgal99 wrote:Looks like a troll to me. A troll is a person who has nothing better to do than stir up crap. A paid troll is a shill. I learned about trolls and shills recently when I unknowingly engaged with them on a totally unrelated topic. They love to keep stringing you along with no intent of buying or participating, and then slam you with insults. I bet this person has a history of doing this. They are a sneaky and deviant part of society that loves this sort of behavior. Lesson I learned?  Don't engage, just say sold and start over on another site. I'm surprised nobody here scooped your beautiful experienced birds!!!!

Yeah the internet is full of trolls,
I usually can dish it out, right back at them, but this is something that hits close to home. A soft spot, when someone insults my birds, or my coops it wrecks my hobby, it wrecks my motivation it brings me down.

I spent the last decade + of my life trying to find my place, fight for my health, and working on making something of my life with what I have to live with. I am learning to thicken my skin everyday, my issue I am told is I am way to nice. Something I don't think will ever change....

For me raising and breeding poultry has kept me from the brink, it's levelled me out and grounded me.
Building coops, has shown me that I have a skill set, I even didn't know I had, and it has opened up my imagination allowing me to challenge myself.

I'm not out to screw anyone over.

Well I am asking a little more than normal, Shocked  just cause I know the potential they have and I feel they are worth it, after all 14month old hens, if my math serves me correctly, they are in their prime!

It's nice to be able to talk with adults...
Thanks everyone for hearing me out, sometimes it's a nice change of pace to discuss things among your respected peers:cheers: 

19The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:47 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

They love to keep stringing you along with no intent of buying or participating, and then slam you with insults.

I've NEVER understood this and probably never will - are some people eejit's really THAT bored and dumbed down that trolling or whatever you call it constitutes entertainment?! scratch Hmm. No need to answer that. lol

Don't let' em get you down Jonny. You know your birds worth, as does everyone else who matters.

20The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker Chick wrote: eejit's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Oh flicker you gave me a good laugh this morning, I love Super Natural!

Edited to add laughing smilie

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:23 am; edited 3 times in total

21The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:21 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh geeze, what a bummer crap trip. I love facebook, post on it sometimes. I would never advertise anything for sale on it, for the very reason that you have encountered, but it is fun, regardless. Well to me, it is. Don't let this troll, yep, me too think it a troll, just a goonville troll. Some people have nothing better to do, to bug others. You have nice birds. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

22The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:38 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick wrote:
Flicker Chick wrote: eejit's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Oh flicker you gave me a good laugh this morning, I love Super Natural!

Edited to add laughing smilie

It's a great word isn't it. Laughing I just finished rereading The House of the Scorpion and have the word eejit stuck in my head. Will see how many more times I can annoy my family with it's use today, hah ha!

23The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 pm

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I now what you mean Johny I had the same thing happen to me. I was ranting on FB and this lady started some personal attacks on me and I do not now this person except on FB so I told her to she needed a new personalty and it just seemed to fuel her so I just backed off and it seems some one reported her and she blocked me be for I could block her good I do not need to read rubbish from her. to add this it is one thing to have a difference of pinyon about chickens and it getting a bit heated, we are chicken people after all but personal attacks that is uncalled for

24The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:08 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny dear, do you really need us to tell you that you are not losing your mind on this one?

25The Nerve of Some People... Empty Re: The Nerve of Some People... Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:13 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Johnny, I've seen your pictures and have long been envious of those birds. The guy is either an idiot or has some other motivation to try and discredit you. Probably just an idiot. There are people with such pathetic lives that they have to try and 'win' every encounter they have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum