Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnies, Welsummers or?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barnies, Welsummers or? Empty Barnies, Welsummers or? Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:54 pm

vic's chicks

Here are the chicks I got from performance They were supposed to be barnevelders but? Two weeks old[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]First questionable[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]second questionable[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Second questionable on the left barnie chick on the right[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] What do you think?

2Barnies, Welsummers or? Empty Re: Barnies, Welsummers or? Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:01 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

If they have a v on the head they are likely Welsummer or welsummer cross.  That dark headed one looks more Barnie. The ones with the V look look just like my blue laced red Wyandotte x Welsummer crosses I am hatching out.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

3Barnies, Welsummers or? Empty Re: Barnies, Welsummers or? Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm

vic's chicks

I emailed the pics to performance. The odd one is a silver grey dorking. I thought its feet were deformed because it has an extra toe.  Now I am trying to decide if its a rooster or not, He says the rest are barnevelders but I still suspect a welsummer in the mix.

4Barnies, Welsummers or? Empty Re: Barnies, Welsummers or? Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:44 am

Roots

I hatched 2 dozen Barnevelder and 2 dozen Welsummer eggs this spring and had a terrible time telling the chicks apart.  The pictures on the Internet seem to be mixed with the same issue so one picture will be different from the other.  The only thing I could figure is the different lines make different looking chicks.  Dan Smith should be able to ID your chicks but to me they look like Welsommers.

5Barnies, Welsummers or? Empty Re: Barnies, Welsummers or? Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:43 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Look like Wellies to me, too.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum