Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Six Bills Waving In

+4
lady leghorn
CynthiaM
SerJay
HigginsRAT
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:53 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They grow so FAST! They are a beautiful sight. Neat to have two legger lawn mowers.

52Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

53Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:05 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was really enjoying this post until you swore. How dare you say a word like w....r at this time of year. My god woman, I am still in march.

54Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

55Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Firewood is money in the bank. I have the remainders of a logging truck load waiting to be bucked up so it is out of my way and I can build more coops. I hate cutting firewood when it is over 30 degrees out (actually anything less than 12 is perfect anything warmer sucks.).I know the thoughts of old man winter keep haunting me and I too am already exhausted. I have sooooo much to do before then. A day at a time, enjoy it a day at a time, I say that over and over to keep my self somewhat less crazy.

56Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

57Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:14 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, I am still so thrilled to see the pictures of the gaggle of geese, smiling, is that the correct terminology, Ma'am? Oh man, oh man, these are thrilling. did you say that the geese really keep the grass trimmed? I have seen pictures and the grass was very, very long, now very, very short...do they really keep it trimmed that nicely? That was very interesting for sure. Oh so many things to say, losing track of what I want to say.

Oh well, just what comes to mind. Those youngsters are so beautiful. I would like to maul them, just to feel those necks. I would not maul them, but really? I would really like to feel what a smooth neck like that would feel like, sorry, no harm meant Laughing  , just wanted to feel that soft, silky, squishy neck, can't even imagine how soft it would be. I am a very tactile person, so feeling things is a very important part of my life, and I am also very oriented to scents too. My night scented stock are blooming their brains out. They live on my porch in one of the planters on the ground. The beautiful scent that manifest when the sun goes down is nothing short of something that would rock your socks. Daytime the little lavender flowers are closed, sun rays gone, the little flowers open and emit fragrance, like nothing on earth, all night,until the sun comes over the mountains again, the process repeated. Ooops....gone off on a scent cruise.

So....whatcha gonna do with these youngsters. Probably have not even gone there yet I bet....

Ya, seen those pictures of the wood that you and Hubby work on, to ready for winter. My days of work stacking and splitting are long gone, and I thank my lucky stars for that. Picture this. 5'2" tall and boy (back in the day) could I swing that mall, weighed probably half as much as me, but boy, when I got that in full swing, coulda split a massive stump. Kidding of course. But I have done my share of wood splitting and ain't never goin' there again. Well, that is what I would like to think. Probably could still swing the splitting mall, but just choose not to. Remembering stacking all that wood gives me a headache. And I can't imagine you stacking all that stuff, that is a whole lotta wood. But love the set up, never lose a pile of wood to fall over I bet Cool  . Geeze, all over the map this morning with my thoughts, must be that kind of day, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

58Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

59Six Bills Waving In - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Bills Waving In Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:23 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Gosh, I missed this? Those geese are so lovely. All the stages of ages. They are in fantastic condition. Look so happy. Smile 

As for firewood, I love a wood fire, when we lived on the island, we burned wood exclusively for 15 1/2 yrs. Love ( and miss)

wood heat. Nothing warmer. It warms you many times, the cutting, splitting, piling and then into stove/heater or what we

used, a wood furnace. I loved stacking wood.. I really wouldn't mind having a wood heater or furnace again.

I love that kind of heat Very Happy 

Keep the pictures coming, they are fantastic as always. cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum