Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you seen the new $100 bills?

+8
coopslave
uno
DCChick
Hillbilly
Dark Wing Duck
pops coops
DoubleSSRanch
Hidden River
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I sold a ram today and asked the fellow to bring me cash. Well he did, and I was shocked at what I saw. He guaranteed it was real, LOL.
So did a search after he left to be sure, never saw one yet, they are pretty neat. THEY ARE PLASTIC!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:57 pm

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yup I saw one the other day. SO COOL. Feels weird though. Apperently theyre changing all of our paper money over to that.

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

3Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I felt bad not being sure this fellow was telling me the truth, but this definately looks like toy money now. The US thought we had funny money before, now see what they think of it. LOL

4Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:09 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden they are not plastic they are polymer,and will last forever.

Last edited by pops coops on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.popscoops.com

5Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes polymer but if someone has never touched that before, they are PLASTIC!!! LOL
Nothing what one would expect money to be.
Told my hubby they should better in his wallet than the other bills, he seems to destroy bills in his wallet. Of course he said he would happily trade me his two $5 for my $100 bill... Razz

6Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:19 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:Yes polymer but if someone has never touched that before, they are PLASTIC!!! LOL
Nothing what one would expect money to be.
Told my hubby they should better in his wallet than the other bills, he seems to destroy bills in his wallet. Of course he said he would happily trade me his two $5 for my $100 bill... Razz

I will trade 2 5s for a hundred as well, they cannot be torn (don’t try) and the Government is issuing the 50s in March and the 20s, but are now worried about counterfeit they will redesign in 8 years.

http://www.popscoops.com

7Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Plastics are actually polymers. Polymers can be a synthetic or natural compound (mixture).

I have seen the new bills as well. They look strange, don't they? Not what we are used too for money!

8Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Put five or six, or more new ones in your pocket, or wallet. Then pull them out. You'll find they are very slippery against each other. I almost lost one the other day due to this.

9Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Hillbilly wrote: Put five or six, or more new ones in your pocket, or wallet. Then pull them out. You'll find they are very slippery against each other. I almost lost one the other day due to this.
.........Qiuck ! redesign the wallet ! I had thought of the slippery part as well ! You'd think that they would have looked into that before going ahead with these , guess we can all carry a purse now ...LOL...

10Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:00 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

prairie dog wrote:
Hillbilly wrote: Put five or six, or more new ones in your pocket, or wallet. Then pull them out. You'll find they are very slippery against each other. I almost lost one the other day due to this.
.........Qiuck ! redesign the wallet ! I had thought of the slippery part as well ! You'd think that they would have looked into that before going ahead with these , guess we can all carry a purse now ...LOL...

If I had five or six to put in my wallet I would be a happy girl!! Razz

11Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm thinking these will stand up better to money laundering, and by that I mean the washer and dryer, since we do a lot of that around here. That and gum, which makes a MESS in the dryer!

12Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are just like Australian money. It is great, you will get used to it.

13Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I tried and tried and tried to rip a $100 bill in half, then I gave it back to my Dad.... lol

They don't rip!!!
I think the new money is awesome!

14Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:I tried and tried and tried to rip a $100 bill in half, then I gave it back to my Dad.... lol

They don't rip!!!

What would you Dad have done if you had succeeded? lol!

15Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Fowler wrote:
Jonny Anvil wrote:I tried and tried and tried to rip a $100 bill in half, then I gave it back to my Dad.... lol

They don't rip!!!

What would you Dad have done if you had succeeded? lol!

LOL, added it to my Tab!

16Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

they are very cool, but it is dissapointing to be handed $500 in new bills and it feels like you have been handed just one. I liked the "heft" of the old bills.

17Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

and these new ones don't burn at all well.

How will I light my cigars????

18Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh c'mon Fowler, for cigars, you should be using those old "G Notes"! Whats wrong with you?!?!
Sheeesh, some people!!!

19Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dark Wing Duck wrote:Oh c'mon Fowler, for cigars, you should be using those old "G Notes"! Whats wrong with you?!?!
Sheeesh, some people!!!

Then what will I use for toilet paper?

20Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Very True!

21Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

LOL

22Have you seen the new $100 bills? Empty Re: Have you seen the new $100 bills? Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

oh to be able to just look at a bill that big these days, lol!!

kidding aside, I have just received our son's birth certificate, must be made of the same or similar material. It's so different from our old ones! Feels neat though. I can see how they'd get stuck together in the wallet though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum