Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Re: Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Sun May 05, 2013 9:33 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Apparently some "Lemon Cuckoo" Orpingtons were auctioned off yesterday for $350. I wasn't there so I don't know if that was for a pair or trio, but they were obviously a popular item! Money Throw
Maybe the bidders did not read Higgins' post on do-it-yourself Lemon cuckoos! Laughing

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

3Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Re: Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Mon May 06, 2013 6:00 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Shocked KathyS, $350 a couple of birds, be that pair or trio for $350, wow...I wonder if whoever bought these is in our forum or has a friend that is on our forum. Sounds pretty simple to make up the variety of Orpington, and I think certainly Tara would be a good one to be listening to. I really don't have much to say here, but something is not right with this picture. Really? Kind of probably have to re-read to fully grasp stuff, but seems to me that someone is being hooked. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

4Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Re: Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 am

I sold 2 barnyard layers for 90 bucks yesterday at auction Very Happy

This is interesting. There was a "Lemon Blue" that was sold at the auction in Moose Jaw, a single hen, for somewhere around the $120 mark. I have no idea what that even is for colour, as the birds looked 'bluff' to me.

Love reading your genetic posts Smile Sell sell sell

5Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Re: Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

6Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Re: Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Mon May 06, 2013 1:30 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tara you could always contact Greenfire I am sure they will buy them and sell them for big rare breed Prices LOL

Hey Have a color question for you
If a Person took a Blue/white Tail Buff/red Roo (like the one in your pic above and bred him to Hen's Marked like a Cornish hen what would a person get?? Then to get the Blue/white Tail Buff/Red would a person be able to do it by breeding the Pullets back to the roo or take siblings and breed them
Thanks for the help if you can
Joe

7Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Empty Re: Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Custom designing and growing out for people and then selling them, for really good prices -- do it and knowing full well that nothing can be bred from those creations to create anything like the parents. Like saving seed from hybrid flowers, vegetables, the seed will resemble either of the parents, but not what the two parents combined create. Powerful stuff this hybridization. Getting back to this, such an interesting post. Still remember, Tara, that you have put this picture, the last one of the last post, of the two males, one crowing, in another post. Still remember thinking how that one male is looking at the other and clearly saying "do you have to do that right in my ear" "huh? turn the other way!!" have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum