Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Shows Are You Planning to Attend?

+5
Giddyup
ChicoryFarm
Chantecler_eh?
cbotkin
k.r.l
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Empty What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:04 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Which Poultry Shows do you plan to Attend this year and will you be showing your birds and what experince do you have in Showing your birds?

I attend and exhibited at the Feb NCAPA Show in Wetaskiwin. I plan to show at the ~ Millarville Fair in the end of August, the ~ Fraser Valley Lawn Show in August in Abbotsford, BC Oct 1-2, the ~ Candadian National APA Show in Vernon, BC Nov 4-6th, and then the ~ Alberta Provincal Show hosted by CHB in Red Deer Dec 9-11th.

This will be my second year showing poultry and looks like it will be a full one!

What about you ?

2What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 am

cbotkin

cbotkin

Hey Kyle,

Good topic!

Just so you know, the Canadian National in Vernon is the first weekend in November, and the Lawn Show is June 11, 2011.

Here's my list for this year:
Cloverdale Display, May 2011
FVPFA Lawn Show, June 2011
Maple Ridge Fair, July 2011
Abbotsford Agrifair, July 2011
Chilliwack Fair, August 2011
IPE (Tentative), September 2011
FVPFA Winter Show, October 2011
Crossroads Show, Indiannapolis, October 2011 (As a spectator)
Canadian National Show, November 2011
Lloydminster (Tentative), November 2011
Duncan Show/Cowichan Feather Fanciers, November 2011
Alberta Provincial Show, December 2011

Clayton

http://www.cbotkin.ca

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

I am hoping to make it to the Canadian National APA Show and the Alberta provincial show this year. They will be my second and third times showing and I am looking forward to showing this year.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Golly, I never thought I'd be considering attending a poultry show never mind showing but I was warned that it was 'just a matter of time'. I think I'd like to attend the Canadian National show in Vernon, given I live just a few hours away and am too busy between now and then to attend anything else this year. I'll have all my new breeds hatched out by November and a deeper appreciation for all the different birds.

I just NEVER thought I'd see the day that I'd be go to a poultry show. I guess I am that kind of person.

Shocked

Giddyup

Giddyup

I wish we could show more...but there is only the CFF show in Duncan, and the fairs. Too expensive to travel to the mainland.
We are reluctant to attend the fairs after having our birds placed below some VERY unhealthy lice ridden birds that were not removed...as the entry forms said they would be.
It's sure a lot easier/cheaper than showing horses!

6What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My list is to long between judging and showing but this year but a couple highlights as far as judging are an invite to judge in Bermuda and judging at the Double National in Inninaplois Indianana. And of course helping to plan the APA Canadian National in Vernon. I am pretty much booked from July to Dec. and sometime in there I am on the list for a knee replacement, but we shall continue on!!!

Viczoe

http://www.triple-h.ca

7What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would love to go the Canadian National APA Show -- I might even have LF white cornish to show!!! WHoo hoo!

Last edited by Cathyjk on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

8What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:48 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well we definitely will be doing the Red Deer show in December [already have the room booked.]
I tend to do AgFairs in my area as I deiscover which ones allow poultry. Shame is that more of them are dropping poultry due to lack of interest. Seems people are drawn to the $$$ and AgFairs are big at promoting beef [nothing against beef.]
I just wish there were more shows in AB. Cause I I love you doing shows. Great way to meet people and promot the passion.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

viczoe wrote:My list is to long between judging and showing ....invite to judge in Bermuda and judging at the Double National in Inninaplois Indianana.
Viczoe

That's brilliant!!! Is Bermuda in the November or December so you get to be away inthe warmth when it's not so great here?

Good luck with the knee surgery, it will make a huge difference for sure.

Cathy

10What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Planning to Attend? Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:12 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

k.r.l wrote:Which Poultry Shows do you plan to Attend this year and will you be showing your birds and what experince do you have in Showing your birds?

I attend and exhibited at the Feb NCAPA Show in Wetaskiwin. I plan to show at the ~ Millarville Fair in the end of August, the ~ Fraser Valley Lawn Show in August in Abbotsford, BC Oct 1-2, the ~ Candadian National APA Show in Vernon, BC Nov 4-6th, and then the ~ Alberta Provincal Show hosted by CHB in Red Deer Dec 9-11th.

This will be my second year showing poultry and looks like it will be a full one!

What about you ?

That is great, KRL! You are really going to be making the rounds and getting your birds out there. I am glad there is a Red Deer show this winter, because I'm really pumped about getting started with showing, but don't think I'll be doing that much driving to get to the shows...for now, anyway! Never say never!! Very Happy

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum