Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying

+9
uno
Piet
calliope
appway
triplejfarms
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
coopslave
viczoe
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

While I don't have the time to post much I do try to read thru the posts on this forum most days, I have a huge pet peeve and that is when someone( not picking on anyone) leaves for what ever reason they erase their posts or erase the post that they think caused a problem.
This is unfair to everyone on this forum in my opinion as it leaves posts with no one having any idea what it is about. I think this is very selfish and childish. Either have Hidden lock the topic or just leave. At one time you found it important enough to post here and people took the time to respond it is very unfair to the forum members in my humble opinion.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

I think that once you read the rest of the postings on this erased post you'll have a bit of a understanding of why this happens ..............engage the brain comes to mind ? If you don't have anything positive to say then maybe it's best not to say anything instead of offending some one with your views ?? Seems to work most times ?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I do find the erasing of posts frustrating, but I understand why it happens. I think my frustration comes from a selfish need to want all the ideas and views to stay here for my own needs. I understand the erasing when you feel things have gone so far that you don't want any part of yourself to remain.
I don't happen to be an eraser, but I think it is a personal thing and if someone doesn't want their views or ideas to remain than so be it. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. Very Happy

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with you Heather, it has been hectic here trying to get ready for lambing with everything else that went on last week, and then I get a request to delete a member and have no idea what happened? If the posts stayed then I would have a better idea of what happened to cause unease on the site...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

PMed you, Jaime.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i think it would help on this forum if we could delete our own topics we posted, i find it frusterating that we cant delete our own topics/ posts if we change our mind about saying stuff... imo, i oten say stupid stuff and want to delete it but cant so i hve to keep the "." its annoying,

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would have to say Post should be able to be locked by Jayme if the op asked but to delete a post is wrong as there is alot of good in a post sometimes and I like to reference things

As for roo leaving I hope not as I do enjoy the topics they do bring up

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That's sort of what I mean, it's the loss of the info that perhaps someone new to the hobby might find informative.I had a look back on some even the beginning post is gone, whats the point. I can see if it is something that was offensive or someone venting, then go in and put that you were having a bad day and decieded the post was not appropriate or something but to remove posts that people took the time to respond too, Really Shocked anyway done my whining for the day.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

calliope

calliope

Crap, did I miss all the drama again? Always a day late and a dollar short ... Comfort

Last edited by calliope on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Found it a bit childish also when it was erased, did not think that anything was written out of line. Time to fill out a "hurt feelings report" again!

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

11Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I feel the need to speak up, since I am a notorious post deleter.

However..let me say that the posts of mine that I decide to delete are often of a very personal or too trivial topic. I have second thoughts (this happens to me in real life too after I blurt out something that I should never have said!) Think, UNo, think. But when a topic is one of solid, thought provoking content that concerns others beyond myself, I leave them.

Prairie Dog, there is a fine line here. Political correctness can become a tool we use to batter each other into complicit silence. Fear of offending someone more and more is a reason to be silent, a bad reason to be silent. I think the trick is learning how to be tactful in voicing a differing opinion. To keep the post about the topic, and not make it personal about the poster. I think a forum that lacks different points of view is dead in the water and I applaud the admin for letting the chips fall where they may.

This missing post was way over my head, for poultry people far more studied than I. Frankly I was surprised to see it gone. Perhaps I was too busy scratching my head and thinking, what are these people talking about? to grasp any other undercurrents. This is a regrettable turn of events.

But..if we are all going to make nice, hold hands and sing Kumbaya while eating soy free, gluten free cookies...no thanks. I want some beer, some sugar and a little bit of spice at my gatherings. I think the trick is in how it's served up. But I agree that this does leave people hanging, of which I am sometimes guilty. (although I am trivial, people, trivial)

12Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

On the internet people are mostly anonymous and will actually speak out more aggressively. This leads to what we call being Butt Hurt on another forum I'm on. Delete if you must but you can't really post things on the internet without thinking that someone might have an opposing view. The internet is fickle like that.

13Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Back in the day of Usernets and Email groups, on of the very first things I commented on was a users who got upset whose name was that of a fish. I made a comment that I guess they got upset trying to spawn upstream. Many laughed. Then I got the worse email I have got, from the person with the fish name who F-bombed me almost as well as I can myself. Point: Sometimes the most harmless thing typed can be taken to the 9th extreme by someone. No matter where it is on the net, if you are going to post, chances are someone will take offense. It cannot be helped.

I'm of the Uno demographic in that I do delete my posts. Happens that I will comment on something, then realize after more people post, that I didn't really understand what the topic was and my comment is out of place. So I will delete the post. Hate looking like a idiot more than I can be sometimes.

14Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

uno wrote:But..if we are all going to make nice, hold hands and sing Kumbaya while eating soy free, gluten free cookies...no thanks. I want some beer, some sugar and a little bit of spice at my gatherings. I think the trick is in how it's served up. But I agree that this does leave people hanging, of which I am sometimes guilty. (although I am trivial, people, trivial)

Why would you put soy in a cookie?

http://countrythyme.ca

15Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Country Thyme Farm wrote:
uno wrote:But..if we are all going to make nice, hold hands and sing Kumbaya while eating soy free, gluten free cookies...no thanks. I want some beer, some sugar and a little bit of spice at my gatherings. I think the trick is in how it's served up. But I agree that this does leave people hanging, of which I am sometimes guilty. (although I am trivial, people, trivial)

Why would you put soy in a cookie?

So you know where you left it? What a Face

16Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Empty Re: Erasing of topics and posts- Annoying Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have to agree I find it annoying too. I was following a very informative thread on here awhile back. I got busy with life and then finally when I had a chance to return to it, it was fragmented with most of the info gone. Don't know what happened but was very sad to have lost all that good info.

XOX Monika

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum