Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ducks hen's feathers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ducks hen's feathers Empty Ducks hen's feathers Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I noticed today that two of my Khaki Campbell hens have lost the "feathers" on their wings and all that remains is the shaft of the feather...that sounds kind of weird but I think what I am trying to say is there are no fuzzy parts on the feather. (have just looked at a picture and the correct name is barbs or vane....). The other 3 girls (younger and from a different parentage) are ok. Is this a type of moult or is something wrong with them? They seem perfectly healthy in every other way. What could this be? Any suggestions?

2Ducks hen's feathers Empty Re: Ducks hen's feathers Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yep molt starting. I find mine molt in various degrees but they did that one where the looked like shaft feathers only last summer. Thankfully they grow in fast

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

3Ducks hen's feathers Empty Re: Ducks hen's feathers Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Qualicum Chick

Qualicum Chick
New Here

I have the same problem ... only for me ... I think it is my Muscovies that are pulling at the Khaki Campbell's feathers ... not sure what to do. They seem healthy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum