Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2

+2
Buff
Ruffledfeathers
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

So in keeping with the theme of the latest threads. I had some photos of my ducks outside at -35. Couldn't believe my eyes at the fact that they are Muscovies and they were just hangin' out. Nobody was in a big panic when I come out. Most of them did stand but nobody really moved.
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 009_zps67417013" />

STOP looking at me.
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 011_zps69b61211" />

I'm channeling the inner flamingo, see look I am...
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 013_zpsc92438d6" />

They are hunkered down with their legs tucked under their wings. I tried to capture that but I'm an amateur photographer and a bad 1 at that Smile
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 017_zpsfc9cc929" />

If you look close somebody has jumped up and is catching crap for it. She's got her sister by the wing and is giving her "what for". I think if she had the strength she would have tossed her off.
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 019_zps2ced8396" />

I try to give them fresh hay for that deep litter effect and so they aren't just on the snow. I've stopped trying to force them into any shelter. It does kind of come off mean but it's toughen up or parish here. This year has been extra trying for them because its -2 then -35 then here's 2 ft of snow. The only up side of it all is its over a week at a time that we seem to be getting these weather patterns.

The bottom of my coop door is open so all can come and go as they please. There are heat lamps in my coop and the bottom box is big enough that the ducks can get up into it.
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 025_zps00781b58" />

Oh yah and my cows. LOVE my little cows. Such personalities.
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 031_zps297ef45d" />
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 035_zpsd3519e0e" />

Last edited by Ruffledfeathers on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing letters)

Buff

Buff

Great pics love your highlanders they are so cute. I almost bought a miniature highland bull this summer but it wasn't the right time with baby on the way.

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lovely pics - especially like the cows  Smile  . looks like you are really familiar with them.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love to see pictures and winter outside is amazing with creatures, bug a small, the cows looked very cool and hairy. Thankyou for sharing, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Your cows need a good hugging.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can hug my cows anytime Sue Smile

awhile back the white heifer lifted me off the ground trying to get me to brush her "over here". She's my baby.

Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 033_zpse9f58d8c" />
She has this loving way of tugging on my jacket tails and licking my hands to see if there's any treats

Early this fall. This has to be one of my favs
Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 <a href=Ducks, ducks,duck a Turkey and maybe a cow or 2 MooRthemostbeautiful_zps996c7a1e" />

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I LOVE your cows Ruffled, just LOVE them!  They look so darn huggable Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum